4. Bethune-Cookman

Myrtle Beach Metropolitan Area Region:

1. Coastal Carolina

2. Clemson

3. St. John's

4. Virginia Commonwealth

MofnV2z.png

The CCSLC's resident Geelong Cats fan.

Viva La Vida or Death And All His Friends. Sounds like something from a Rocky & Bullwinkle story arc.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'll follow it when they ditch the aluminum bats, and when the regular season coverage gets better in my area. I never hear anything about college baseball until around this time each year, and thusly have no idea what's going on.

ah the greatest things in College Baseball, I love the sound the aluminum bats make. "PING!!!"

GO VANDY!!!!!

They sure impressed me this past weekend at the SEC Tournament.

Lose the first game, then wins their next three games handily, allows 3 runs in the top of the 10th only to score 4 runs in the bottom half to go to the Championship Game, then beats the team that had allowed just 2 runs in their first three games.

Quick question, I was watching the Vanderbilt play and was really impressed with 3B Pedro Alvarez. The announcers said that he and Matt LaPorta are probably the best posistional players in the SEC. Then made the comment that Alvarez is only a sophomore, so he'll be around one more year. Is that some kind of rule? I thought MLB teams could draft anyone that was a high school senior or older.

Anyway real excited for the tournament this year. I just wish a Maryland school was good. The SEC seems like it has a pretty big following and would love to have a similar thing around here. But for now, GO ECU!

UL-Lafayette in the tournament as a No. 2 Seed? :)

LSU not in the tournament? :D

[Croatia National Team Manager Slavan] Bilic then went on to explain how Croatia's success can partially be put down to his progressive man-management techniques. "Sometimes I lie in the bed with my players. I go to the room of Vedran Corluka and Luka Modric when I see they have a problem and I lie in bed with them and we talk for 10 minutes." Maybe Capello could try getting through to his players this way too? Although how far he'd get with Joe Cole jumping up and down on the mattress and Rooney demanding to be read his favourite page from The Very Hungry Caterpillar is open to question. --The Guardian's Fiver, 08 September 2008

Attention: In order to obtain maximum enjoyment from your stay at the CCSLC, the reader is advised that the above post may contain large amounts of sarcasm, dry humour, or statements which should not be taken in any true sort of seriousness. As a result, the above poster absolves himself of any and all blame in the event that a forum user responds to the aforementioned post without taking the previous notice into account. Thank you for your cooperation, and enjoy your stay at the CCSLC.

Quick question, I was watching the Vanderbilt play and was really impressed with 3B Pedro Alvarez. The announcers said that he and Matt LaPorta are probably the best posistional players in the SEC. Then made the comment that Alvarez is only a sophomore, so he'll be around one more year. Is that some kind of rule? I thought MLB teams could draft anyone that was a high school senior or older.

Anyway real excited for the tournament this year. I just wish a Maryland school was good. The SEC seems like it has a pretty big following and would love to have a similar thing around here. But for now, GO ECU!

You can be drafted out of high school, but if you don't sign and instead take the college scholarship, you can't be drafted again until after your junior year. Whether that's an NCAA or professional baseball rule, I am uncertain.

And yes, the obligatory GO VANDY! It's unusual to get to pull for the top seed of the entire tournament and still be pulling for the alma mater, so I'm enjoying it while it lasts.

48142444846_3aa6afbd89_m.jpgNCAA Baseball Champions | 2014, 2019 

facebook

The Columbia Region is gonna be sweet, first off really excited about having a regional here, plus Miami is in it. Now normally this wouldn't be a big deal, but Blake Tekotte, who plays for Miami, went to my high school and played on the state championship team with me. I'm really excited to see him play in person, and I'm sure like everyone in Columbia is gonna turn out for any Miami game.

So GO MIZZOU!!! But if they get knocked out then: GO CANES!!!

Cardinals -- Rams -- Blues -- Tigers -- Liverpool

Check out my music!

You can be drafted out of high school, but if you don't sign and instead take the college scholarship, you can't be drafted again until after your junior year. Whether that's an NCAA or professional baseball rule, I am uncertain.

Ok, I'm glad to hear that their is some kind of rule. There really needs to be more to make the draft more fair.

After seeing Western Carolina (sadly) destroy the Apps over the course of the season, I could see them being a Cindarella type in the tournament this year. They should have won the SoCon, but somehow Wofford with like only 8 confrence wins during the year won the tournament.

However, I say UNC and Vandy in the championship series this year.

Life is 10% what happens to you and 90% about how you react to it.
App State Mountaineers / Alabama Crimson Tide / Atlanta Braves / New York Jets / Atlanta Hawks
"If you believe in yourself and have dedication and pride - and never quit, you'll be a winner. The price of victory is high but so are the rewards." [Bear Bryant]
Redmond Rampage

It's a pretty stout tournament all around. The only thing that I was shocked about is Auburn. Not that we didn't get in, but that people were saying we actually had a chance based on our RPI.

That's pretty crazy.

Also, I love the fact that they had to change one of the regions already because they forgot that Western Carolina and Wofford were in the same conference.

Archived