• Created
  • Last Reply
College Station Region:

1. Texas A&M

2. Louisiana-Lafayette

3. Ohio State

4. LeMoyne

That's the spirit, Hedley!

[Croatia National Team Manager Slavan] Bilic then went on to explain how Croatia's success can partially be put down to his progressive man-management techniques. "Sometimes I lie in the bed with my players. I go to the room of Vedran Corluka and Luka Modric when I see they have a problem and I lie in bed with them and we talk for 10 minutes." Maybe Capello could try getting through to his players this way too? Although how far he'd get with Joe Cole jumping up and down on the mattress and Rooney demanding to be read his favourite page from The Very Hungry Caterpillar is open to question. --The Guardian's Fiver, 08 September 2008

Attention: In order to obtain maximum enjoyment from your stay at the CCSLC, the reader is advised that the above post may contain large amounts of sarcasm, dry humour, or statements which should not be taken in any true sort of seriousness. As a result, the above poster absolves himself of any and all blame in the event that a forum user responds to the aforementioned post without taking the previous notice into account. Thank you for your cooperation, and enjoy your stay at the CCSLC.

College Station Region:

1. Texas A&M

2. Louisiana-Lafayette

3. Ohio State

4. LeMoyne

That's the spirit, Hedley!

Lafayette has a pretty good baseball program, and usually has a decent showing in postseason. They've made the CWS a couple times in recent years, if I remember right.....

My Predictions

Nashville Region:

1. Vanderbilt(1)

2. Michigan-Yeah sorry gotta root for the Maize and Blue GO BLUE!

3. Memphis

4. Austin Peay

Charlottesville Region:

1. Virginia

2. Rutgers

3. Oregon State

4. Lafayette

After a lackluster year, i'd be surprised the defending National Champions make it past the regionals, and right now with the luck Rutgers is having, they are my pick

San Diego Region:

1. San Diego(8)

2. Cal State Fullerton

3. Minnesota

4. Fresno State

So glad Fullerton isn't in the Tempe Region, because year after year they are scary, my pick for the San Diego Region

Long Beach Region:

1. Long Beach State

2. UCLA

3. Pepperdine

4. Illinois-Chicago

Could take UCLA here only because the Pac 10 was such a tough conference this year, but LBS has always been a tough team and I think this is theirs for the taking

Round Rock Region:

1. Texas(4)

2. UC Irvine

3. Wake Forest

4. Brown

Texas is my choice, becoming a powerhouse in NCAA Baseball

Wichita Region:

1. Wichita State

2. Arizona

3. Oral Roberts

4. New Orleans

Watch out for the Wildcats, gave the Sun Devils a run for their money throughout conference play. As much as I dislike the Cats, they are a great team and could be in the CWS

Tempe Region:

1. Arizona State(5)

2. UC Riverside

3. Nebraska

4. Monmouth

Obviously a graduates pick :P, hook 'em Devils!

Oxford Region:

1. Mississippi

2. Southern Mississippi

3. Troy

4. Sam Houston State

This could be the Region for any of the Mississippi's takings, but i'm going with Ol' Miss here

Houston Region:

1. Rice(2)

2. Texas Christian

3. Baylor

4. Prairie View

Could rename this the Texas Region, but Rice never seems to doubt me and they could be the favorites to win it all

College Station Region:

1. Texas A&M

2. Louisiana-Lafayette

3. Ohio State

4. LeMoyne

Gotta go with the Aggies here

Fayetteville Region:

1. Arkansas(7)

2. Creighton

3. Oklahoma State

4. Albany

Arkansas is my pick here

Columbia(MO) Region:

1. Missouri

2. Miami(FL)

3. Louisville

4. Kent State

Miami has always been a team that could squeak one out, this could be another year

Chapel Hill Region:

1. North Carolina(3)

2. East Carolina

3. Western Carolina

4. Jacksonville

This is the Tarheels for the taking

Columbia(SC) Region:

1. South Carolina

2. North Carolina State

3. Charlotte

4. Wofford

all year they have been great, and they will get by this region, but not sure about the Super Regional

Tallahassee Region:

1. Florida State(6)

2. Mississippi State

3. Stetson

4. Bethune-Cookman

Seminoles could be a favorite for the Championship, but lets wait and see

Myrtle Beach Metropolitan Area Region:

1. Coastal Carolina

2. Clemson

3. St. John's

4. Virginia Commonwealth

Coastal Carolina will come away with this, but watch out for Clemson as this could get interesting

Lafayette has a pretty good baseball program, and usually has a decent showing in postseason. They've made the CWS a couple times in recent years, if I remember right.....

They got to Omaha back in 2000 and very nearly got to the championship game, where they would have faced LSU, and the Cajuns would have had the better of the pitching match up. Had that happened and they won, I think LSU baseball would have imploded...just like it is now. :D

As for the Cajuns this time around, there's kind of a vibe like the 2000 team. Can they make another return to Omaha? Who knows, but I'm hoping for a good run out of them.

[Croatia National Team Manager Slavan] Bilic then went on to explain how Croatia's success can partially be put down to his progressive man-management techniques. "Sometimes I lie in the bed with my players. I go to the room of Vedran Corluka and Luka Modric when I see they have a problem and I lie in bed with them and we talk for 10 minutes." Maybe Capello could try getting through to his players this way too? Although how far he'd get with Joe Cole jumping up and down on the mattress and Rooney demanding to be read his favourite page from The Very Hungry Caterpillar is open to question. --The Guardian's Fiver, 08 September 2008

Attention: In order to obtain maximum enjoyment from your stay at the CCSLC, the reader is advised that the above post may contain large amounts of sarcasm, dry humour, or statements which should not be taken in any true sort of seriousness. As a result, the above poster absolves himself of any and all blame in the event that a forum user responds to the aforementioned post without taking the previous notice into account. Thank you for your cooperation, and enjoy your stay at the CCSLC.

buzzcut predicts the 16 regional winners:

Nashville Region:

1. Vanderbilt

Charlottesville Region:

2. Rutgers

San Diego Region:

3. Minnesota(Homer pick)

Long Beach Region:

2. UCLA

Round Rock Region:

1. Texas

Wichita Region:

1. Wichita State

Tempe Region:

2. UC Riverside

Oxford Region:

1. Mississippi

Houston Region:

1. Rice

College Station Region:

3. Ohio State

Fayetteville Region:

1. Arkansas

Columbia(MO) Region:

2. Miami(FL)

Chapel Hill Region:

1. North Carolina

Columbia(SC) Region:

2. North Carolina State

Tallahassee Region:

1. Florida State

1. Coastal Carolina

MofnV2z.png

The CCSLC's resident Geelong Cats fan.

Viva La Vida or Death And All His Friends. Sounds like something from a Rocky & Bullwinkle story arc.

I'll give this a shot

Nashville Region:

1. Vanderbilt(1)

Charlottesville Region:

2. Rutgers

San Diego Region:

2. Cal State Fullerton

Long Beach Region:

2. UCLA

Round Rock Region:

1. Texas(4)

Wichita Region:

1. Wichita State

Tempe Region:

1. Arizona State(5)

Oxford Region:

3. Troy

Houston Region:

1. Rice(2)

College Station Region:

2. Louisiana-Lafayette

Fayetteville Region:

3. Oklahoma State

Columbia(MO) Region:

2. Miami(FL)

Chapel Hill Region:

1. North Carolina(3)

Columbia(SC) Region:

1. South Carolina

Tallahassee Region:

1. Florida State(6)

2. Clemson

Super Regional Winners

Vanderbilt

Cal-State Fullerton

Texas

Arizona State

Rice

Miami

North Carolina

Florida State

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

Let's go Cajuns! 5-4 wins over Ohio St. and Texas A&M! Woohoo!

UL-Lafayette in the tournament as a No. 2 Seed? :)

LSU not in the tournament? :D

Hey, don't forget UNO made it in, and in their first game, BEAT the Wichita State WheatShockers.....

Since Tulane blew ass this year, GO UNO!

willieMcGee_2.jpg

If you inherit Randy Johnson's facial genes, he owes you $97,000 at the very least.

Hey, don't forget UNO made it in, and in their first game, BEAT the Wichita State WheatShockers.....

Yes, and the Sun Belt has 3 teams in the tournament this year with UL as a 2, Troy as a 3, and UNO as a 4. Not too shabby for a "mid major" conference. ;)

When it comes to baseball, most mid major conferences do well and this tourny is a good example of that.

The Sun Belt has three teams (UL-Lafayette, Troy, and New Orleans), the SoCon has two teams (Western Carolina and Wofford) and the Atlantic Sun also has two teams (Jacksonville and Stetson).

Oh, and don't forget the Big West and it's group of teams like Long Beach State, CS-Fullerton, UC Riverside and UC Irvine.

UL-Lafayette in the tournament as a No. 2 Seed? :)

LSU not in the tournament? :D

The Shockers got their revenge, eliminating N'awlins....

All in all, good job UNO....you guys don't get NEARLY the local recognition you deserve....

As for U-La-La....I can only PRAY, as the last rep. of Louisiana schools, they make it all the way...

So I'm with ya Fred......Goooooo Cajuns!

willieMcGee_2.jpg

If you inherit Randy Johnson's facial genes, he owes you $97,000 at the very least.

Yes, but being a Tulane fan, I can't use a word that MIGHT also be associated or used by LSU....

So I'll stick with "go".

willieMcGee_2.jpg

Pretty big drama in Austin (Round Rock) tonight.

UT lost to UC Irvine last night, meaning the host team has to win three in a row to escape their own regional. Texas beat Wake Forest to loosen the noose a bit. A great game between the Horns and Anteaters until it got postponed by horrific weather. 6-5 Irvine when they called the game due to weather conditions, top of the eighth.

It all resumes tomorrow.

newsig.jpg

With one day left in the Regional round, here's who have advance to the Super Regionals.

-Rice (Defeated TCU 3-1)

-Arizona State (Defeated Nebraska 19-7)

-Ole Miss (Defeated Sam Houston State 21-13)

-Mississippi State (Defeated Florida State 9-4)

-Oklahoma State (Defeated Arkansas 7-6)

-Cal State Fullerton (Defeated Fresno State 13-2)

-UCLA (Defeated Long Beach State 7-4)

Two Super Regional matchups are set as Ole Miss will face Arizona State and UCLA will take on Cal State Fullerton.

EDIT: Two more teams have advanced as UC Irvine and North Carolina joins the other seven who advanced yesterday.

Archived