New Boise State Jersey

smzimbabwe

Nike ruined sports.

That is all.

NCFA Sunset Beach Tech - Octopi

ΓΔΒ!

Going to college gets you closer to the real world, kind of like climbing a tree gets you closer to the moon.

"...a nice illustration of what you get when skill, talent, and precedent are deducted from 'creativity.' " - James Howard Kunstler

Its funny because Utah had a very similar set as Boise did when they won the Fiesta Bowl and the very next year Nike changed their look to the Miami wrap around crap. Now they're doing the same thing to Boise!

Bring your program to national prominence, get rewarded with a cookie-cutter template. That's how Nike rolls.

Is this the one Clemson's been using?

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Bring your program to national prominence, get rewarded with a cookie-cutter template. That's how Nike rolls.

Is this the one Clemson's been using?

Clemson, Wake Forest (I believe, unless theirs is more like Missouri), AND Michigan (the roads...the piping is yellow, or at least it was last time I checked) all use this template.

Key word here: TEMPLATE.

You win a good bit, Nike (or somebody) snatches you up, you achieve national prominence, you get added to the collective (read:TEMPLATE). Corporate branding...gotta love it.

Template uniform designs: the BANE of collegiate athletic aesthetics.

Ever see "Napoleon Dynamite"? Top-loading VCRs and dial-up Internet all around!

No you did NOT mention that old-ass HOOD-LATCH VCR! What the hell, dawg?

For all that, you may as well have mentioned them big ol' FLOOR-MODEL TV's, you know, the ones with the turndials that you used to always wonder why it wasn't no channel 1 or how you get anything above channel 15 to show up (cuz you had to turn the top dial to "U"), and even worse, at least for me, wasn't no remote control, so yo momma sat you RIGHT THERE IN FRONT OF THE DAMN TV SO YO UNFORTUNATE A$$ COULD CHANGE THE CHANNEL...God I miss them days!

(And can someone tell my why my one auntie STILL OWNS AND OPERATES both the floor model TV AND the hood-latch VCR???)

Okay, back on topic here...seeing the actual pics of Boise State's Nike bib, it ain't that bad...it also ain't a direct ripoff of their NFL namesake, either. But still, the fact remains..."template". Ugh.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

For all that, you may as well have mentioned them big ol' FLOOR-MODEL TV's, you know, the ones with the turndials that you used to always wonder why it wasn't no channel 1 or how you get anything above channel 15 to show up (cuz you had to turn the top dial to "U"), and even worse, at least for me, wasn't no remote control, so yo momma sat you RIGHT THERE IN FRONT OF THE DAMN TV SO YO UNFORTUNATE A$$ COULD CHANGE THE CHANNEL...God I miss them days!

It's called a "console," it doubles as a piece of furniture (place a lamp and whatever else you see fit atop it,) and it has a lovely woodgrain finish. In the case of my parents' model, it also had metal handles on the front to give the appearance of dresser drawers underneath the tube. It also came with single-dial operation, featuring channels 2-13 and six fully programmable UHF slots. By "programmable," I mean you tuned the dial to your slot of choice, and then turned the small white knob inside the door with a Phillips screwdriver until your station came in.

Ahh, Zenith.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Back to Boise... these are less garish, by default. But blocky drop-shadow numbers with piping still look like crap.

oh ,my god ,i strong recommend you to have a visit on the website ,or if i'm the president ,i would have an barceque with the anthor of the articel .

It's called a "console," it doubles as a piece of furniture (place a lamp and whatever else you see fit atop it,) and it has a lovely woodgrain finish. In the case of my parents' model, it also had metal handles on the front to give the appearance of dresser drawers underneath the tube. It also came with single-dial operation, featuring channels 2-13 and six fully programmable UHF slots. By "programmable," I mean you tuned the dial to your slot of choice, and then turned the small white knob inside the door with a Phillips screwdriver until your station came in.

Ahh, Zenith.

Hells yeah, except the model my parents had was an RCA. A sliding wood door to cover the TV when it was off. Raise a lid on the right side and you had a phonograph. Raise a lid on the left and you had the AM/FM radio and 8-track player as well as the buttons that set which function of the unit was active at the moment (If you wanted to watch TV, you had to lift the radio lid and punch the TV button or else nothing happened; same for all the other functions).

It did have a remote and a full 83-channel UHF dial. But the remote had a quirk. Once in a while, you'd push the channel button, either up or down, and instead of clicking one channel, it would start going through every channel. When the VHF dial got to U, that dial stopped and the UHF dial would start going through the same thing. After 83, the UHF dial went back to 14 and the VHF dial started all over again. The only way to stop it when this happened was turn the unit off. :blink:

The 8 track player could also record, either a copy of an album or through a microphone inupt. But you couldn't pause it, so you had to record something on all four channels or else stop and settle for 3 1/2 blank channels. After all, "pause" on an 8-track was pulling the tape out for a few seconds then putting back in when you were ready again. ^_^

Homemade 8 tracks on an RCA console -- the iTunes of the 70s :D

Clemson, Wake Forest (I believe, unless theirs is more like Missouri), AND Michigan (the roads...the piping is yellow, or at least it was last time I checked) all use this template.

Wake is the Missouri template, not this.

• 2 weeks later...

I love these. Modern, yet clean. I would have preferred simple single outlined block numbers, but the drop shadow isn't that bad.

I have to give Nike credit, I've really liked their latest two NCAA football sets (Boise State, Miami).

These look like the same one's Oklahoma State so there shouldn't be any crazy piping. They look much better than the old Denver Bronco design.

They're similar to Oklahoma State, but there isn't a colored insert under the arm like OSU. Also, the design in the other thread shows that the piping goes around the back like Clemson's uniforms, while OSU's piping is limited to just the front of the jersey.

520311479_9f9c1672e1.jpg520311483_3dd5ca418e.jpg

520311459_2584af0b37.jpg520311467_a313274958.jpg

Archived