Kc chiefs concept

epper

i like it but it screams CFL to me and i dont know why; i hate the CFL jerseys but i love this concept but i dont know why it screams CFL to me

What defines a CFL jersey from an NFL jersey? There is no defining element that is common among CFL teams (apart from the little CFL crest on the collar) that differentiates them from the NFL, nor is there a defining element in the NFL jerseys that this jersey is missing.

WINnipegSigBanner.gif

What defines a CFL jersey from an NFL jersey? There is no defining element that is common among CFL teams (apart from the little CFL crest on the collar) that differentiates them from the NFL, nor is there a defining element in the NFL jerseys that this jersey is missing.

amen to that, and i must hijack this post to also ask what defines an Arena league jersey from an NFL jersey?  cus terms like "Arena League-ish" and "CFL-ish" are thrown around every other concept, but no one really thinks about what it means.  only thing that makes an NFL jersey different from a CFL or AFL jersey is that it's worn by a team in teh NFL.  you figure if the georgia force, for example, decided to start wearing blue jerseys with silver numbers trimmed in black, and there was no striping whatsoever, folks would consider it "an NFL look" (and our good friend Al would sue, but that's another story) even though no one in the NFL has that exact look.  and then the flipside, if, say, the Texans decided to have one sleeve be white on their blue jerseys and then their whites had one red sleeve, folks would be calling em out for having a "CFL jersey" or "Arena league jersey" even though no team in either league does this.

just a little something to consider

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

I'm going to look like something out of the wayback machine with this, but here goes:

I simply do not understand why every new NFL uniform has to repeat the helmet logo on the sleeves and jam the TV numbers to the shoulder pads.

I also do not understand why every new NFL uniform has to have its own "funky" distinctive number: Pro-Block is just fine!

And I HATE drop shadow!

Having rained on the parade, I DO like the inclusion of black as a trim element. I DO like the four-color # concept. And I DO appreciate the work you've obviously put into this concept.

BTW: I really do understand why all this crap is happening to NFL uniforms:$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$!!!!!

:laugh:

amen to that, and i must hijack this post to also ask what defines an Arena league jersey from an NFL jersey? cus terms like "Arena League-ish" and "CFL-ish" are thrown around every other concept, but no one really thinks about what it means. only thing that makes an NFL jersey different from a CFL or AFL jersey is that it's worn by a team in teh NFL. you figure if the georgia force, for example, decided to start wearing blue jerseys with silver numbers trimmed in black, and there was no striping whatsoever, folks would consider it "an NFL look" (and our good friend Al would sue, but that's another story) even though no one in the NFL has that exact look. and then the flipside, if, say, the Texans decided to have one sleeve be white on their blue jerseys and then their whites had one red sleeve, folks would be calling em out for having a "CFL jersey" or "Arena league jersey" even though no team in either league does this.

just a little something to consider

Amen to everything both guys have said!!

I think saying an NFL jersey looks too AFL is code for saying 'I like my NFL unis traditional' when not all the best NFL unis are traditional. The Pats white uni looks great to me but isn't a traditional look by any standards, and I could say the same about say the Panthers blue uni. On the reverse I think the Cardinals unis suck big time, and they are as 'traditional' as they come.

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

Archived