My hockey jersey collection is now online!

spyboy1

It took a while, but after two solid weeks of photography, uploading and captioning, I have now got my hockey jersey collection up on webshots.

I have divided the collection up into several different albums to try to make it easier to navigate.

First, I have a separate album for just my game worn jerseys. Then, I put everything, replica and game worn into NHL Divisions, Defunct, All-Star, International, Minors, College, etc., in order to keep each album down to a reasonable number of pages.

If you are not familiar with webshots, you have two options for viewing each album. Below the page numbers in the upper right of each album there are two different "views" options. The left is 12 shots per page with titles and the other, which I recommend, is 28 shots per page that will display the titles if you leave your mouse over the image.

I have also documented in detail all of my patches, so if you are into those, I hope this will become a valuable resource for you.

There's even some baseball on there if you are interested in that.

http://community.webshots.com/user/spyboy1

I've tried to add some commentary with many of them, so if you find any typos or factual errors, send me a private message with any corrections.

JeffB

HansonsSig.jpg

Click here to read Third String Goalie - The Hockey Jersey of the Day Blog

Click here to see my hockey and baseball jersey collection online

?You don?t like to see 20 kids punching 20 other kids. But it?s not a disgrace, It?s hockey.? - Michael Farber

Nice!

This reminds me of the site I talked about creating a couple of years ago, somewhere that people could upload pictures of jerseys they have. Maybe some day I should look into doing that project.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

So you're the guy I remember seeing that had the green whalers jersey. That is a thing of beauty. You probably have the best collection of anyone here, which is pretty impressive, you're wife must also be pretty cool to let you buy all of these. One question, where can I find a Cleveland Barons jersey like yours, you know with the ohio on the sleeves and everything? My dad worked in their lockerroom for one season and I would really like to get him a jersey for christmas or his birthday, but have been unable to find one.

...and man if that Minnesota Gophers alt from 97-98 isn't the ugliest sports uniform I've ever seen, then I don't know what is.

PvO6ZWJ.png

So you're the guy I remember seeing that had the green whalers jersey. That is a thing of beauty. You probably have the best collection of anyone here, which is pretty impressive, you're wife must also be pretty cool to let you buy all of these. One question, where can I find a Cleveland Barons jersey like yours, you know with the ohio on the sleeves and everything? My dad worked in their lockerroom for one season and I would really like to get him a jersey for christmas or his birthday, but have been unable to find one.

...and man if that Minnesota Gophers alt from 97-98 isn't the ugliest sports uniform I've ever seen, then I don't know what is.

Thanks for the compliment on the Whalers jersey. I was really happy with the way that one turned out.

My wife is cool, but only up to a certain point with the jerseys. I tend not to talk about them with her. "What this one? When did I get it? Oh, I've had this one for ages. You just can't remember them all."

I got the Barons from someone who had their personal collection on their own web site and was offering them for sale. I paid a fair amount for it since he knew what he had, but at least I wasn't competing with the rest of the world on ebay. Speaking of which...I would check there because I suspect K1 has been making them again. I haven't searched for awhile, but I get the feeling there's more out there than there used to be. Perhaps I'm wrong about that, but that's my impression.

That Gophers Alt was one of those like the Wild Wing or the Burger King where the players simply said "We just cannot wear this thing anymore." I think that Gophers got 6 games before it was taken out of the rotation permanently.

JeffB

HansonsSig.jpg

Click here to read Third String Goalie - The Hockey Jersey of the Day Blog

Click here to see my hockey and baseball jersey collection online

?You don?t like to see 20 kids punching 20 other kids. But it?s not a disgrace, It?s hockey.? - Michael Farber

Oh my goodness. You have some beatiful things on there, including the Twinks. Love the Gene Larkin gamer.

The Brodeur rookie jersey is beatiful.

But the best is easilly the green North Stars game-worn and I don't even remember that player.

(If you are ever in a sellin' mood, the Utah Grizzlies may be of interest to me. John Byce is my wife's favorite UW hockey player).

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

What does your significant other say about this collection?!?! :D

I absolutely love your Ottawa fantasy jersey. It embodies the historical element of the Silver Sevens, and gives the Senators a completely traditional feel. I think Ottawa when I see that, and I wish that someone from the Senators' brass saw that and actually considered something similar.

Well done on the collection! Do you wear most of those jerseys out to games, etc..., or so you mainly have them on display?

Thanks!

Juventus.png

Wonderful job, JeffB. Love your collection as I'm quite impressed with what you have. :notworthy:

I echo the same sentiments as mac2 regarding your Hartford Whalers fantasy jersey. I remember seeing it when you first posted it on here and I had posted my comments on it. Too bad the team when it was still in Connecticut never adopted an alternate jersey exactly like that one.

I miss the Minnesota North Stars and their 1991 jerseys. I was too young at the time they played to buy an authentic jersey, so I had to settle within the last few years authentic vintage ones instead. When I customized the home white one, the store that got it for me didn't accurately do the nameplate the same way as the North Stars did (three color outlining like the Dallas Stars' jerseys) and the numbering font isn't completely accurate. I wish I could remove it and start over, but I don't want to ruin the jersey as when you remove the sewn-on numbers and letters, they leave outlines. I might just keep it and try to buy another one. What was that jersey outlet that did the customizing on your North Stars jerseys? I thought I saw where in ads placed in The Hockey News, not sure.

I was fortunate about 5 or 6 years ago to buy two authentic Quebec Nordiques jerseys and a Winnipeg Jets road jersey (all the actual ones made by CCM when the team still existed and spent anywhere from $150-$200 for the Nordiques jerseys to negotiating an awesome deal about $225 for the Jets Jersey). The road Nordiques one was already customized with Joe Sakic's name and number, which looks awesome (that was really expensive for me as I spent about $400 on eBay to get it). I'm extremely picky with jerseys in making sure non-gameworns are in as close to mint condition as possible and the customization is 100% accurate. I haven't customized the Nordiques home and Jets road one yet. I don't have a Jets home one at this point, but plan to get an authentic vintage one sometime soon.

I kept a copy of the images the seller provided for me when I purchased the Nordiques road jersey:

nordiquesawayjerseyfrondt9.jpg

nordiquesawayjerseybackit4.jpg

And here is what I'm referring to as far as my North Stars home jersey is concerned.

The alternate captain "A" I would never change as it is perfect though.

1151523imgcopymr0.jpg

1151526imgcopyqz6.jpg

Great to see you have an authentic Minnesota Twins jersey in your collection. (gives thumbs up)

I'll like to get a new authentic home one and eventually sell my old one I bought 8 years ago.

I wonder if the Twins sell their authentic jerseys with the Herb Carneal patch on it and hope they do.

Archived