Chicago White Sox Re-do

aragin66

I loved the White Sox unis of the Richie Allen era in the early 70's. The red pinstripes with the huge numbers were great. So what I did was jump in to my way back machine and snatch those babies up, but updated with the Reds numbers because I felt that they went just right with them. And as you can see with the aways, I used the teams wordmark from the late 70's. With the pinstripes gives them that bad ass Chicago feel. C&C..y'all. Also I added white socks to the aways because they are...the White Sox. Sorry about the belt buckles..I had a boo boo there.

White-Sox.jpg

Although executed very nicely, NO MORE TEAMS WITH NAVY AND RED. Especially in the AL Central. And with the home dominated by red and road dominated by navy. Been a little over done by now. And using the custom font of the Reds that Major League Baseball designed specifically for them.

But again, this concept is executed very well, which does make it a little easier to see past the couple flaws.

Pierzynski wears #12.

The Sox have finally developed their own identity with the silver and black; why they would want to re-adopt the colors of 2 of their division rivals is beyond me, just as it escapes me that they'd also consider re-adopting the colors of the other team known colloquially as "the Sox" In MLB, black and silver is more or less theirs (so long as the Marlins cling to teal/orange and the Rockies wise up and rededicate themselves to purple), and they look great in it. And the Reds would probably resent the Sox taking the font that was developed just for them which was just unveiled this spring.

The white stirrups, however, rocketh.

Archived