New York Mets concept

elliott

I strongly believe that the Mets have the worst jerseys in the league. My solution: get rid of black. I hate how they play mix and match with 3 hats and 4 jerseys, so I used only the blue hat. I didn't use the new york script because somehow it didn't look right, I don't know why.

Well here it is, C+C please

metsconcept.gif

I really like where you are going....I just don't think the number font matches the jersey...keep at it though!

willieMcGee_2.jpg

If you inherit Randy Johnson's facial genes, he owes you $97,000 at the very least.

All in all, not too bad.

The one thing I would think about changing is the player information. It looks like you just took the D-Backs new combo (of Agency for the name and ??? for the numbers) and applied to the Mets. It's one thing to do that with Varsity Block, where many teams where the generic style. But that style is used exclusively by the Diamondbacks right now, and to have the Mets bite off of it is bad form. There are better choices that wouldn't look like a D-Backs ripoff.

Also, the sleeve stripes and the neck piping don't match, and they look kinda strange together on the same uniform. Adding the orange stripe is a pretty novel idea, and I like it; I just wonder if adding orange to the neck piping would make this all too busy in the name of consistency.

That aside, very nice job. You've gotten rid of the Mets' biggest uniform problems - two-tone helmets and the pairing of black and royal.

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

Aww come on not the worst in the whole MLB, I think they have one of the best (I may be bias) for the simple fact that when they were their TRUE home unis (pinstripes and full blue hat) they have the best. But I agree the overuse of black brings them down. They could do without THAT much black.

That said, I like this. I don't really like the away one, maybe just too much of a clash. I would consider using the old Mr. Met logo on the sleeves too, I think that'd look great. Love the blue alt.

spacer.png

erikas | go birds | dribbble 

I like the Mets currents, because they don't tie themselves down to one particular look which makes them unique. I also like the black because it ties in the Dodgers, Mets, Giants, and the NYC City Flag when put together with orange and blue. All in all, I like the black because it is symbolic and unique (whether the whole Giants/Dodgers color thing is coincidence or not).

Anyway, for your concept I would come up with a new font for the back and make all the piping either blue or orange. Not both.

Really, and although I hate the Mets, all they really need to do is ditch black... Plain and simple as that. Ditch all the black, make the blue hats the full-time ALL the time hats, make the alt. jersey blue, and you've got what the Mets should look like. They don't really need to change anything other than that.

Really, and although I hate the Mets, all they really need to do is ditch black... Plain and simple as that. Ditch all the black, make the blue hats the full-time ALL the time hats, make the alt. jersey blue, and you've got what the Mets should look like. They don't really need to change anything other than that.

I considered doing that but they would look like the dodgers. The orange in the jersey separates them.

I considered doing that but they would look like the dodgers. The orange in the jersey separates them.

Actually, they'd look like the Mets. ^_^

Without all the black (and any alt.'s), you'd have what they wore before the addition of black. So it wouldn't look like the Dodgers, unless you thought they looked like the Dodgers before all the black.

Add some pinstripes to the home set, and change the number font and you got a winner.

Pinstripes not gonna happen. Sorry, I hate them. And I don't like them on the mets.

Okay, I'm gonna make some changes using McCalls suggestions.

What font should I use though??

All done. And done nicely, at that. (And this from another Mets hater.)

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

Archived