Morris Design

Alphabet Man

As I was working through my Year 12 VCAD Folio (which I'm doing on Melbourne Ice, ice hockey jerseys) I came up to coming up with a logo. Now my opening page with the design brief has the M in the oval logo that I made when I was 12, but I thought I could experiment with different logos. I thought I should stick with my name in the company name. So scrapping R2 and redtwo, Morris Design is the way I think I'll go. Anyway, here's one of the logos I did that I think I might fly with.

logosheet1.jpg

What's your views? Improvements etc etc etc?

twitter.com/thebrainofMatt

all teh personal logos on this board seem very old school and cliched.

have a look at some great contemporary logos about. there are some great books you can get filled with them:

los logos

dos logos

tres logos.

they are just awesome and are filled with great ideas.

alphabet man is much better name, agreed.

Yeh Alphabet Man is for my actual graphic design. This one (Morris Design) is for my Year 12 folio only. I've only got like 2 weeks to finish it up. So I'm not looking into anything more than basic stuff.

Well, if you're going to use a big M, use that same font somewhere in the wordmark below. That's the first thing that really jumps out at me.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

I had some inspiration based off of what you've already done, Matt. Let me know what you think of this. It's nothing drastic - the same basic idea, just tweaking the typeface, and the placement of the M in the diamond. Let me know what you think:

morrisdesign.png

If you go with that idea, why not get rid of the rounded corners? You might be able to make it even more dynamic by having the negative shape M come out of a diamond and a few triangles, if you crop it in tight.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

I like that Brian, but to be honest, i don't think i could use it in my folio. Nothing against its looks and all, it's just the mental knowledge that i didn't design it.

JP, I sorta understand what your saying. Correct me if im wrong, a diamond and then triangels and other shapes are raised to form the outside of an M.

Archived