Mix CD cover

fiasco!

I made a mix CD for the first time in a long while last week for a cd trade group at the upcoming HOW conference. The track list can be seen at http://mog.com/fiasco (about four posts down).

Last night I had some flan, and was inspired for the cover art for the mix.

FlanCDCover.gif

The final printed version:

flanfront.jpgflanback.jpg

Looks good. How is that little "sun-burst" created in the background? I have heard it's a brush, but believe that to be un-true. :(

Your belief is correct. In the shapes pallette in Illustrator, there is a star shape. Select that, double click somewhere on your artboard and select how many points you want, and what size you want the inside and outside radii to be. Trial and error will get you where you want to be.

Looks good. How is that little "sun-burst" created in the background? I have heard it's a brush, but believe that to be un-true. :(

Your belief is correct. In the shapes pallette in Illustrator, there is a star shape. Select that, double click somewhere on your artboard and select how many points you want, and what size you want the inside and outside radii to be. Trial and error will get you where you want to be.

Thank you. You just saved me an enormous headache. (bow)

Archived