Logo for a fan board

UnderDogX

Hey guys, it's been a while since I posted anything, but I've been working on this logo for a Dallas Cowboys Fan board and figured I'd show it to you guys to get some input...let me know what you think...

CPtrophy.png

hopefully the Cowboys faithful can point out the symbolism in the design but for those who can't we'll start with the obvious fact that it's a play on the lombardi trophy...I wanted to go for a straight forward look as to deviate from the partial side view that is more common...first notice the five stars along the base of the trophy which represent the 5 SuperBowls they've won...in the words "Cowboys Pride" there are 3 seperate stars which signify the 3 more recent SuperBowls they won to solidify them as the team of the '90s....obviously the flag refers to them being considered "America's Team"...and lastly the subtle touch of the three ring stroke on the outside of the ring to represent the 3 coaches who took them to said SuperBowls...I intentionally made the middle stroke in that set white instead of gray to differentiate Barry Switzer's regime as it is considered nothing more than him winning with Jimmy Johnson's team....Anyway, hope you like let me know what you think!!

CIDesignSig.png

That looks fantastic, and you have done well incorporating all those elements. Did you set out to include them or just added as you went along.

Thanks...there were certain elements I wanted in it...for example the stars replacing the wholes in some of the letters for "Cowboys Pride" but then realized how they could be placed and what they could mean...the original design I made had seperate rings that symbolized the coaching thing and that was completely intentional but I opted for the single silver ring which looked better and just incoporated the coaching thing in a different way...and the five stars trailing up the base of the trophy was completely designed in my head that way from the get go....

CIDesignSig.png

Oh and I hate the "America's Team" moniker. What BS.

Agreed. And this is a life-long Dallas fan speaking. The Cowboys seriously need to let this die.

Back to the design....looks great. I would just replace the flag with the Texas flag.

newsig.jpg

Under normal circumstances I probably would have put the Texas flag if anything in the background but the motto for the board is "the heart of America's team" so that's kinda their thing....as for the outlines on the stars...I didn't want to blatently use any NFL property logos so I kinda left it off...same thing goes with the "not quite exactly Cowboys true font" Glad you guys are liking it though!! keep the comments and questions coming!!

CIDesignSig.png

Archived