Mine/Hah!

Gary

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This guy is a fool, with the slap in the ALCS a few years back, and the dirty slide last week, this guy is asking for a beanball, and probably would have gotten one last night had he been up again. I used to do this in Tee Ball, but come on, in the Majors???

saBS.png

A-Rod is a dork period... man his act is getting to be bushy at best... oy..

Ice Hockey International Winnipeg Braves (Bobby Hull Division 18-3-0 1st place as of March 14, 2011)

2010-11 O'Brien Trophy for Bobby Hull Division championship & Jack Riley Cup for top team in league regular season

This guy is a fool, with the slap in the ALCS a few years back, and the dirty slide last week, this guy is asking for a beanball, and probably would have gotten one last night had he been up again. I used to do this in Tee Ball, but come on, in the Majors???

Players still do that ALL the time. It's just that if A-Rod does it, a crisis erupts.

Players still do that ALL the time. It's just that if A-Rod does it, a crisis erupts.

If players do it "All the time" why was he teammate quoted as saying "I wasn't sure that was allowed"?

If players do it "All the time" why did the Bluejays (from the players on the field to the manager) get so pissed?

I mean, if it happens "All the time" then they should be ready for it, right?

If it happens "All the time" why did Clark say "This is my 16th season and it's never happened once."?

You think he'd have encountered it at least ONCE in 1,592 games if it happens "All the time".

Perhaps he should stick to slapping the ball out of gloves to avoid tags and throwing elbows on the far side of second base. Just have him stick to that clean stuff that's not on the fringes of acceptable behavior.

ARod is a DlCK and always has been one. Any Yankee an will admit that.

Problem is, hes a very talented one, so he will continue to get away with borderline behavior on the field, and pilloried by the press and fans off of it.

NCFA Sunset Beach Tech - Octopi

ΓΔΒ!

Going to college gets you closer to the real world, kind of like climbing a tree gets you closer to the moon.

"...a nice illustration of what you get when skill, talent, and precedent are deducted from 'creativity.' " - James Howard Kunstler

It's Bush League, and A-Rod's behavior in general isn't any less deserving of that lavel, but it's not that big of a deal -- it's only being blown out of proportion because it's A-Rod. It's a cheap thing to do -- so was the low blow on Pedroia, and slapping Bronson Arroyo.

I remember a couple years ago, Torii Hunter pretended to lose a ball in the dome at the HHH Metrodome, and I think the runner ran, rather than attempting to tag up -- if I remember correctly, Hunter caught the ball and got the runner out at second. This isn't any worse than that, and I don't remember a big deal being made about that.

IUe6Hvh.png

First off, feh, I was wrong. Must've been thinking about the zillions of rec-league games I've watched. lol, my bad.

Secondly, the reason why it's a big deal is:

1) It's A-Rod

2) He plays in New York.

Seriously. It's getting to the point where if he wore mismatching shoes after a game while walking into a Subway restauraunt, it'd be headline news.

It's Bush League, and A-Rod's behavior in general isn't any less deserving of that lavel, but it's not that big of a deal -- it's only being blown out of proportion because it's A-Rod. It's a cheap thing to do -- so was the low blow on Pedroia, and slapping Bronson Arroyo.

I remember a couple years ago, Torii Hunter pretended to lose a ball in the dome at the HHH Metrodome, and I think the runner ran, rather than attempting to tag up -- if I remember correctly, Hunter caught the ball and got the runner out at second. This isn't any worse than that, and I don't remember a big deal being made about that.

Those are two completely different scenarios. Hunter can catch a ball however he pleases. Rodriguez's actions amount to nothing more than runner interference with an infielder making a play.

It's a safety issue at its core. If an infielder is hesitant to haul up on a pop up after hearing a call for it because he knows that overpaid DB is on the basepaths and it ends up in a Jackson-Damon incident, then it is an issue.

Those are two completely different scenarios. Hunter can catch a ball however he pleases. Rodriguez's actions amount to nothing more than runner interference with an infielder making a play.

It's a safety issue at its core. If an infielder is hesitant to haul up on a pop up after hearing a call for it because he knows that overpaid DB is on the basepaths and it ends up in a Jackson-Damon incident, then it is an issue.

Not to mention it is against the rules...

Definition of........

INTERFERENCE

(a) Offensive interference is an act by the team at bat which interferes with, obstructs, impedes, hinders or confuses any fielder attempting to make a play. If the umpire declares the batter, batter- runner, or a runner out for interference, all other runners shall return to the last base that was in the judgment of the umpire, legally touched at the time of the interference, unless otherwise provided by these rules.

http://mlb.mlb.com/mlb/official_info/offic...ion_terms_2.jsp

saBS.png

boo freaking hoo.

You're a professional athlete. If you get distracted by someone saying "Hey" then you shouldn't be playing.

There's a difference between someone saying "Hey" and a guy behind you shouting "Mine!" while you're trying to catch a pop fly.

The fielder wasn't "distracted" he thought it was his shortstop calling him off.

Not only is it bush league, it's against the rules.

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" • News • Facebook • X/Twitter • Instagram

I don't want to hear any baseball fans talking about basketball or soccer players being pussies. Any sport with an official rule that you can't CONFUSE ANY FIELDER ATTEMPTING TO MAKE A PLAY is a sport for pussies.

Grow a pair. The slap and the dirty slide should NOT be allowed. Getting your panties in a bunch because someone yelled "MINE!" is pathetic. Clark should be beaned in the head until his teammates STFU about this.

Given that little rant though, if you're 31 and you're still screaming "MINE!", "I got it!" or "Here batter, batter" then perhaps it's time you grow up and act like a fracking adult. A-Rod should be ashamed for his behavior but the Blue Jays need to stop whining. Those high pitched wails are really getting annoying.

-Daniel
Check Out My Podcast! Latest Episode 273: The Color Blinky
Latest Photo Upload: January 7, 2012

I don't want to hear any baseball fans talking about basketball or soccer players being pussies. Any sport with an official rule that you can't CONFUSE ANY FIELDER ATTEMPTING TO MAKE A PLAY is a sport for pussies.

Grow a pair. The slap and the dirty slide should NOT be allowed. Getting your panties in a bunch because someone yelled "MINE!" is pathetic. Clark should be beaned in the head until his teammates STFU about this.

Given that little rant though, if you're 31 and you're still screaming "MINE!", "I got it!" or "Here batter, batter" then perhaps it's time you grow up and act like a fracking adult. A-Rod should be ashamed for his behavior but the Blue Jays need to stop whining. Those high pitched wails are really getting annoying.

Take your own advice

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" • News • Facebook • X/Twitter • Instagram

That's pretty bush league of you, Creamer... :P

This response was pointless, unnecessary, and nothing more than flaming. Mods!

On topic, I have no idea what anyone is talking about. Shouldn't we all go back to hating Barry Bonds? Yeah! Barry Bonds! What a douchebag!

sticksstones4.png

The world's foremost practitioners of professional tag-team wrestling.

My only problem with this whole kafuffle is this: a runner on first is stealing 2nd when the ball is put into play. What does EVERY 2nd baseman or shortstop do as they're covering 2nd for a throw that never comes? They basically trick the runner into sliding by misrepresenting where the ball is in an attempt to con the runner into making a mistake on the basepaths. In fact, I GUARANTEE McDonald has done it to an unsuspecting runner while playing 2nd and short. So why is that a heads-up play by a savvy infielder, but what A-Rod did so heinously wrong? I'm not saying it isn't bush-league for a guy pulling down $25 mil per season to go off like an 8-year old playing T-ball, but what's good for the goose is good for the gander.

Moreover, McDonald's a pro infielder. If he's not smart enough to recognize his teammate's voice, nor focused enough to make the catch despite distractions, his career won't be much longer.

Like I said, A-Rod make be a :censored:, but I fail to see why people are screaming bloody murder over this. Were this not A-Rod, it wouldn't be a big deal at all. In fact, if it were a scrappy player like a Darin Erstad or a Ryan Freel, the press would be fawning over how "win-at-all-costs" he is, and coming up with new ways to help his team. People just pile on A-Rod because he's A-Rod.

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

The Yankees will be the Yankees....

A-Rod will be A-Rod....

Jeter will be Jeter....

They will get all the press and be noticed, BUT....

They are still 13 1/2 games behind Boston in the East!

When Bobby Orr was asked why he always wore a cup

but not a helmet,he replied:"I can always get

someone else to do my thinking for me!"

Archived