Mine/Hah!

Gary

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The Yankees will be the Yankees....

A-Rod will be A-Rod....

Jeter will be Jeter....

They will get all the press and be noticed, BUT....

They are still 13 1/2 games behind Boston in the East!

5 games, woohoo

Back on topic shelly is one weird lookin dude

But all of a sudden, the Yankees are going to be playing the tough schedule while the Red Sox get the sub-.500 teams the Yankees have been beating up on since the break.

IUe6Hvh.png

I did notice that it didn't seem like the Yankees were playing any teams that were any good since the break. But me being a Yankee pessimist, I kinda attributed that to the Yankees taking the first part of the season off AGAIN, then getting hot at the right time. I don't know why, but that really irks me when teams do that, and it's always the teams that I hate the most who do it.

But oh well, at least they won't catch the Sox...though I'm sure there are a couple of Sox fans who are looking over the shoulder, even though they are comfortably in first.

I did notice that it didn't seem like the Yankees were playing any teams that were any good since the break. But me being a Yankee pessimist, I kinda attributed that to the Yankees taking the first part of the season off AGAIN, then getting hot at the right time. I don't know why, but that really irks me when teams do that, and it's always the teams that I hate the most who do it.

But oh well, at least they won't catch the Sox...though I'm sure there are a couple of Sox fans who are looking over the shoulder, even though they are comfortably in first.

I'm one of those Sox fans but I'm certainly not concerned -- I'm always looking out for the Yankees, though. The Red Sox have played some bad baseball of late and the Yankees have beaten up on the League's weaker teams -- the Yankees are coming off of a 29 game stretch in which the best team they played was the 57-56 Blue Jays and they got both Kansas City and Tampa Bay twice. Now 5 of their next 6 series are against good teams -- Detroit twice, Anaheim, at Cleveland, and Boston -- while the Red Sox get to beat up on the teams the Yankees have been playing. The fact that the Red Sox have been able to keep the league above five, in my opinion, has been impressive considering the differences in schedules.

IUe6Hvh.png

I'm one of those Sox fans but I'm certainly not concerned -- I'm always looking out for the Yankees, though. The Red Sox have played some bad baseball of late and the Yankees have beaten up on the League's weaker teams -- the Yankees are coming off of a 29 game stretch in which the best team they played was the 57-56 Blue Jays and they got both Kansas City and Tampa Bay twice. Now 5 of their next 6 series are against good teams -- Detroit twice, Anaheim, at Cleveland, and Boston -- while the Red Sox get to beat up on the teams the Yankees have been playing. The fact that the Red Sox have been able to keep the league above five, in my opinion, has been impressive considering the differences in schedules.

Agreed. But it should balance out, because as hot as the Yankees have been, I don't see them winning series' against Detroit or Anaheim. They might take the series from Cleveland, and you can never predict the Sox-Yanks games because of the volatilty of the rivalry. That's really the only rivalry in baseball that I can say that about. But, I wouldn't be too worried either. The Sox should win the AL East easily.

Exactly. Just based on how the two teams have played eachother over the last four or five years, the safest assumption is that they split the head to head games. The Red Sox should make up for the games they've lost on their lead with the upcoming schedules. The schedules will balance themselves out so my point was more or less that the Yankees great play has been somewhat deceiving given the competition. I'd love for the Red Sox to go into Yankee stadium about five or six series' from now and do to the Yankees what they Yankees did to the Sox in that five game series in Fenway last year.

IUe6Hvh.png

Archived