What do you think the PHX Coyotes will do...

elliott

The Coyotes have always been one of my favorite teams, and I was sort of dissapointed with their switch from the rediculous tribal jerseys to the simple brick and white design. Obviously the old jerseys will probably never be seen again, but I am wondering if you think that they will make any changes from their ultra-simple jerseys. I really don't like them that much and I don't think that they will look that great with most of the other teams in the league getting modernized (except the original six, of course)

If they do switch to the edge template, the one color thing wouldn't look very good. I hope that they at least add black and sand to the color scheme. The logo should stay.

What do you think?

If they're smart they'll stick with their current set. It's one of the best sets in the west. The old logo/uniform set was hideous. The new set proves that less is more.

Precisely.

Just because the cut and the fabrics change doesn't mean there is any need to alter one of the better designs in the NHL. Leave well enough alone.

I think that they will keep what they have but I think think that if they did something like the quebec remparts in the QMJHL and replace the white with a sand color that would be cool.

"Cat Eyes" - Josh

I think that they will keep what they have but I think think that if they did something like the quebec remparts in the QMJHL and replace the white with a sand color that would be cool.

"Cat Eyes" - Josh

That would be nice, but I don't think the NHL would allow it. I think they require one of the primary jerseys to be white.

The Coyotes have always been one of my favorite teams, and I was sort of dissapointed with their switch from the rediculous tribal jerseys to the simple brick and white design. Obviously the old jerseys will probably never be seen again, but I am wondering if you think that they will make any changes from their ultra-simple jerseys. I really don't like them that much and I don't think that they will look that great with most of the other teams in the league getting modernized (except the original six, of course)

If they do switch to the edge template, the one color thing wouldn't look very good. I hope that they at least add black and sand to the color scheme. The logo should stay.

What do you think?

What's not to like about the modernized mid-80s CCCP jerseys?

What do you think?

What's not to like about the modernized mid-80s CCCP jerseys?

They're simple, not over the top, feature a dignified and modern logo, and aren't weighed down by an overemphasized south western motif like the last set was.

You see ubersimple, I see clean and classy.

Their unis are pretty much the only thing I like about that franchise.

And I will never, ever, ever understand why anyone would have liked that cheesy, over-the-top Wolf on Acid southwestern motif they used to have.

I would not be disappointed if the Coyotes kept their current look.

But I must admit I find their logo unremarkable. True, it is more visually appealing than the slew of growling, over-cooked, hockey stick chompin' creatures which have, unfortunately, beome the standard. But I just don't find the coyote a very arresting image. It seems caught somewhere between caricature and realism. I prefer one or the other.

I may be in the extreme minority on this, but I really liked the Hopi inspired original logo. Particularly the alternate head version:

coyotes.jpg

It paid tributre to the region's rich native culture and it was eye catching. Unique. Different. Bold.

The old uniform, on the other hand, was hideous. Too, too much. Not good.

the logo is ok needs another color (non white and black) acutally the logo and uni's are just like what i think of the Houston Rockets, one more color on logo and unis and it be ok, but its just too blah as it stands. Both teams should do this and it be good sets all around

the only thing i liked about their other set was the green alternate. which i wouldn't mind having. the primaries was a set i never could get to like. I really like the new set and add one more color for trim and you have perfection for that set.

The old set was a cool idea, but not well executed.

I don't mind the monochrome jerseys. I don't mind the new logo (though I think I liked the old logo better). What bugs me is the multi-color logo with the mono jerseys. It isn't a unified look.

Oh, and the numbers look too much like Impact.

I would not be disappointed if the Coyotes kept their current look.

But I must admit I find their logo unremarkable. True, it is more visually appealing than the slew of growling, over-cooked, hockey stick chompin' creatures which have, unfortunately, beome the standard. But I just don't find the coyote a very arresting image. It seems caught somewhere between caricature and realism. I prefer one or the other.

I may be in the extreme minority on this, but I really liked the Hopi inspired original logo. Particularly the alternate head version:

coyotes.jpg

It paid tributre to the region's rich native culture and it was eye catching. Unique. Different. Bold.

The old uniform, on the other hand, was hideous. Too, too much. Not good.

Completely agreed. That's a great logo (the head). The full body logo and the uniforms were a little too much (though I thought the greans were cool...probably in part due to the use of the head logo).

I was thrilled when they changed their uniforms. But a couple years later, I really wish they hadn't. They're a new team, so it's OK for them to be non-traditional. Their old uniforms were so cool and so unique that it was good. Arizona's a weird place for hockey to exist anyway - I kind of think it fit that their teams' uniforms were weird too. They had nice colors that looked cool together and a unique look to them. Plus, the crescent moon at center-ice was WAY cool. They need to put some version of that back at center ice immediately.

I loved their old set. it was over the top and massively busy, but that was basically the point. They never tried to be simple, and took the busyness to a whle new level. But while I was sad to see the old unis go, I also love their current set. That color red just works so well with the sand color, and the logo is a great one as well.

"Cat Eyes" - Josh

That would be nice, but I don't think the NHL would allow it. I think they require one of the primary jerseys to be white.

Again, less is more.

I am embarrassed to say that I had one of the original style black Coyotes jerseys. Someone gave a cheap Value City version of it as a gift (I know, some gift) and since then I have, uh, permanently misplaced it. Needless to say, the new monochromatic brick red look it 1000% better and I too highly doubt they will make any changes when they switch over the new jerseys. I think its safe to say that the new change is going to stick around awhile.

I am embarrassed to say that I had one of the original style black Coyotes jerseys. Someone gave a cheap Value City version of it as a gift (I know, some gift) and since then I have, uh, permanently misplaced it. Needless to say, the new monochromatic brick red look it 1000% better and I too highly doubt they will make any changes when they switch over the new jerseys. I think its safe to say that the new change is going to stick around awhile.

I have all three coyotes jerseys from the last era, and I'm not embarrassed at all. I also have both of the simple brick/white ones. And if they make any changes I'm sure that they will find their way into my closet as well...

Archived