White Sox Concept

SouthSidePride

I think it looks pretty cool...I never thought about what that would look like.

You should try doing black tops and pants with white socks.

Yeah, a team named after the color of its hosiery must wear that color of socks.

However, this is the one team that could pull off all-black road uniforms. I like the look here a lot. My only concern would be whether it might be too hot for day games.

20082614447.png

I agree with the pantleg stripe should be the same as the sleeve stripe. As far as the socks go, I'd say go to black socks with white striped stirrups, like the Sox did in 1969-70. And yes, my first thought when I saw this was softball, not that it's bad, but watching the all purple Washington Huskies on ESPN, yeah it'd fit perfectly for softball. And yes, I do know that in the early years of baseball there were solid colored uniforms.

I doubt the players would want to wear that in the middle of the summer in hot, muggy Chicago.

I dunno, shark...heh, I know New Zealand's cricket team used to wear beige uniforms, but in recent years they were able to switch to black unis when technological advancements enabled them to have less absorbent unis made.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

I doubt the players would want to wear that in the middle of the summer in hot, muggy Chicago.

I dunno, shark...heh, I know New Zealand's cricket team used to wear beige uniforms, but in recent years they were able to switch to black unis when technological advancements enabled them to have less absorbent unis made.

Rugby players don't wear long pants and wool caps/plastic helmets.

It's great to look at, but I wouldn't ever want to have to wear it for a game. It could also have the unfortunate side effect of inspiring other teams to bring back dark, team-colored pants. Then you get the Indians looking like giant blood clots and the Pirates looking like human bananas. I don't want that. Not at all. And if you think I'm wrong, remember that when the Sox went to the black/silver color scheme, they became the ONLY team in MLB to have an alternate jersey. You see what's happened since then. :therock:

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

I don't know... its like going to a funeral or something... :blink:

Maybe I am.

Be careful of the ring of fire.

As far as the pants go, I didn't really like the first set, but the new set looks good. I like the grey and white stripes, and it looks good with white sox.

jman077.png

Sig courtesy of LEWJ

Rugby players don't wear long pants and wool caps/plastic helmets.

It's great to look at, but I wouldn't ever want to have to wear it for a game. It could also have the unfortunate side effect of inspiring other teams to bring back dark, team-colored pants. Then you get the Indians looking like giant blood clots and the Pirates looking like human bananas. I don't want that. Not at all. And if you think I'm wrong, remember that when the Sox went to the black/silver color scheme, they became the ONLY team in MLB to have an alternate jersey. You see what's happened since then. :therock:

ya startin to slip, Vitamin ;) while ruggers don't wear long pants, caps or batting helmets, cricketers do. One-day internationals see colored kits come out, and NZ's used to be beige because as was pointed out, black usually absorbs heat like crazy...not good when you're out there for close to 8 hours. heh, if anybody could or would do it in the bigs, it'd probably be the Sox, and ya know they got them coolbase jerseys out now, I figure they could get coolbase pants.

and on the Sox being the only team with alts when they switched to black, I recall the Orioles still had orange jerseys back then.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

Archived