New U Colorado football jerseys

SPORTSDOCTOR

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They're okay. The addition of silver and gold helps, since the most recent jerseys were strictly black and white. I'm not a big fan of italic numerals, but overall these unis aren't as bad as I expected.

When teams have Nike say they will design a unique look for them, the point has to be something distinctive. These fit that bill, and for a school who has official colors are gold and silver, this does a good job of trying to blend them. Perfect? Of course not. But we bemoan teams going away from official colors all the time. This is a move in the right direction. Thumbs up.

ducks-large.jpg

The Design

LYTDOVRNXNFPCCK.20070602175315.jpg

OK, Nike has shown they can do good with sports design overseas.

Why in the hell do they insist on :censored:ing up everything they touch in America? I mean, come on now. The placement of silver makes no sense, especially on gold pants and on black jerseys. Just a lot of nonsense going on, and useless piping. What they had previously was worlds better, and it wasn't even that good to begin with. If they don't wear the gold pants ever then it'll be on the "meh" side. Anytime they wear the gold pants, they are automatically one of the ugliest teams in the Big 12, if not the nation, and that's saying something.

Actually if you go to the other thread which has a link to the CU website, click on the link of the unveiling. Things I noticed, #1 that has got to be the worst press conference that I've ever seen. I had no clue that there was anyone there except for the announcer, the players, and the coach. #2 Dan Hawkins... another coach full of himself, and what we'll find out to be another Boise State coach that can't get it done at a big school. He kind of reminds me of that other blowhard that Colorado had... Neuheisel or how ever you spell that guy's name. #3 Most importantly, the uniforms when you watch them in the video, aren't bad and I can live with them. The gold pants are eh, but the black look nice and I think that they pulled it off well.

I've always been partial to these unis, I think they did a really good job of mixing in the silver in a very minimal yet effective way.

ksu.jpg

dwcherrington.jpg

Absolutely the best. It's all about the pinline numbers. I was seriously considering buying the gold fashion alt of this style when it was out, and I don't even give a fig about Colorado football.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Heres What they Look Like 1st Hand

CU BUFFS New UNis

n10237100_35016678_4806.jpg

My beef with these and Mich. State's new jerseys is that the school's name is too small and down too far. Notice in the other CU pix how the school name is much larger, which I think makes a difference in college football. Overall, thumbs down.

savedpictures013-1.jpg

I've always been partial to these unis, I think they did a really good job of mixing in the silver in a very minimal yet effective way.

ksu.jpg

dwcherrington.jpg

Absolutely the best. It's all about the pinline numbers. I was seriously considering buying the gold fashion alt of this style when it was out, and I don't even give a fig about Colorado football.

heh, I knew a guy who had a gold jersey...shoot, in our senior class picture dude's got it on.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

eh - they're not horrible, but still the nike look is getting old.

Better than Oregon's (the Ducks unis are terrible) - but still they look nice. I'd give them a 8.3/10

Kansas-BB-banner.png My-son-Soldier-banner.png

Kansas City Scouts (CHL) Orr Cup Champions 2010, 2019, 2021         St. Joseph Pony Express (ULL)  2023 Champions     Kansas City Cattle (CL)

Archived