Which teams do you think look too similar?

TPE

This can be because of similar logos, colors, or uniforms. I think a lot of MLB teams have similar shades of one particular color (Cubs, Dodgers, and Rangers blue are all close) and they're are quite a few dark blue hats. In the NBA the Raptors and Nets also have similar uniforms, as it was very confusing in the playoffs to see the Nets wear their red unis on the road and everyone in the stands wearing red as well.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

At one time, I could have said the Giants and the Bills...Minus the helmets and fonts, you basically had the same uniforms....now I KNOW the stripes were inverted from each other, I'm just talking about the basic look of it....

Don't shoot the messenger....please?

willieMcGee_2.jpg

If you inherit Randy Johnson's facial genes, he owes you $97,000 at the very least.

Notre Dame and Navy (most obvious in football, but in general)

Jazz and about 100 rec league teams in NYC :D

Magic and about 100 more NYC rec teams

Marlins and White Sox

Rockies CR vest and Sox vest

Devils and Lightning whites

Dodgers and Royals

Indiana and Oklahoma (see ND-Navy)

Colorado and Army...and Idaho...and Western Michigan

BYU and Penn State football

Southern Miss and Iowa (go back to vegas gold USM...please. ya know, they do make tan tees)

UW Whitewater and Mount Union

Wisconsin and Nebraska

Ohio and Marshall

Cardinals and Nationals (basically the red at home, navy away thing)

in all black, Jaguars and Ravens

Panthers and Raiders homes

In the 80s and 90s the Buffalo Bills and NY Giants were always too close for me.

that always bugged me...shoot, the Bills actually took that style from the Giants, back when there was enough room for the original two stripes. paring one stripe off really made those unis look too close...only real difference was the Bills had red-blue-red stripes on their whites and pants, while the Giants had blue-red-blue cuffs. shoot, I remember til around 91 or 92 the Bills wore nearly identical pants the Giants did (blue-red-blue stripes)

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

that always bugged me...shoot, the Bills actually took that style from the Giants, back when there was enough room for the original two stripes. paring one stripe off really made those unis look too close...only real difference was the Bills had red-blue-red stripes on their whites and pants, while the Giants had blue-red-blue cuffs. shoot, I remember til around 91 or 92 the Bills wore nearly identical pants the Giants did (blue-red-blue stripes)

Also, the Giants had three equal stripes. On the Bills jersey, there was a large blue stripe outlined in thin red stripes.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

There are plenty of teams I'd rather looked more distinct from one another. But it's OK for teams to have similar color scheme (Nationals and Cardinals red/blue home/road thing, for example, which anyway is just a different cap for St. Louis but an entirely reversed-color uniform for Washington). I only really object when teams are so similar that it can be difficult to tell them apart on the field.

And on that score, the Phillies road uniforms and Nationals home uniforms are way too similar. The red pinstripes and unreadable narrow red names & numbers give the Phillies a sort of pink glow at home, which makes them easy to tell apart from anyone else wearing red, but on the road the nearly white Phillies "gray" uniforms can be hard to tell apart from the Nationals home uniform. At least in person.

And of course pretty much every baseball team with a black or blue alternate jersey looks too much like every other team with a black or blue alternate jersey, when they're wearing the alts.

20082614447.png

NFL wise, I remember a time when you could switch of the television and just about instantly tell what two teams were playing by the colors of their uniforms. Today everyone looks just about alike with all the DARK shades. All the teams suddenly have a love affair with the color navy blue or black. Probably about 2/3s or more of all the NFL teams have either navy or black as their primary, seconday, or trim color. Not to mention the trend of color monotone uniform combinations. (My damn Seahawks, I hate that all blue crap all the time) I miss the wide varity of colors of the 60s and 70s. Denver Broncos orange and royal blue, Chargers powder blue all the time, Buccaneers light orange and red, Seahawks royal blue, green, and silver, Oilers columbia blue etc.

Hasn't been mentioned yet...but the Cardinals and the Angel's homes look really similar.

marlins and white sox never got me mixed up for some reason. (at a glance of course) I think its because I know the Cell well enough and that the marlins are never on tv in the midwest.

Archived