Which teams do you think look too similar?

TPE

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...

Unless you're a dedicated fan, from a distance, the MLB's Twins, Indians, and Braves probably couldn't be told apart aside from Atlanta's use of standard block numbers (which I believe is one of only two MLB teams that do-the other being the Detriot Tigers.)

back in the day (only because my color vision wasn't as astute as it is now), one could say that the Cowboys and Lions were damn near identical (and I don't think I'm the only one who thought that back in the day). In the NBA, well--do I even need to mention it? A couple posts up from here, someone provided the visuals. I don't remember if the Grizzlies or the Nuggets went to the columbia/navy/yellow scheme first (I believe it was the Nuggets, the year they drafter 'Melo), but why in the hell the JAZZ, of all teams, decided to go that route is beyond me. I STILL believe that PURPLE and sky blue would be not only perfect for the Jazz, but the most unique color combination in all of the major pro sports--outside of brown and orange. I did a concept up of that scheme a while ago...research it if you'd like to see it.

I don't follow the NHL enough to tell, but the Ducks and Penguins could be confused with each other, if not for the Ducks' numbers, and the teeny little bit of orange thrown into the uniform set.

As for the NFL, well...I don't think there are any teams--any more--that can be confused with each other, although there were several teams that, if colors were switched, pretty much used the same style or template, if only the jersey. (Think about it: the older '90s Vikings, Steelers, Browns, and Packers dark jerseys were pretty much the same.) Someone made a point about the 49ers and Buccaneers looking similar. Aside from the obvious difference in gold and pewter, I can go along with that.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Out of the "big four" I think the NFL does the best when it comes to having a variety of color combinations. There are a lot of blues and a lot of reds, but they are actually different shades when looking at them side by side or looking at a color palette. I think the Rams and the Cowboys have the closest navy blue in the league.

The worst is definitely the MLB. I know a lot of teams are steeped in tradition and they don't change because of that, but I'm sure thousands of would-be fans turned off the TV and softly wept after they couldn't tell which team was the Indians and which was the Twins.

I remember when the Cowboys played the Lions in a playoff game at the Silverdome in the late 80's/early 90's. Silver helmets, almost the same silver pants, light blue jerseys with white numbers for Detroit and white with Blue numbers for Dallas. It was like watching an intersquad game.

Great topic!

College:

BYU and Yale

Navy and Notre Dame

URI and North Carolina

Baseball:

ChiSox and Colorado

NHL:

Phoenix and Detroit

NBA:

Memphis and Jazz

Cross-Leagues:

Sacramento and LA Kings (Same name and same colors?)

Iowa and Steelers

Soccer:

Real Madrid and Leeds United

Atletico Madrid and Chivas

Has anyone said University of Kentucky and University at Buffalo? They're the same and they both look terrible.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Punctuated by the fact that all three teams are in the western conference and switched color schemes in around the same period of time from one another ...

Nuggets alternate

Jazz away

Grizzlies away

To that you can add the Dallas Mavericks away jersey. Blue with blue (and in some cases, blue w/ blue w/ blue trim) really needs to stop.

The old Cavs and Knicks jersey's were very similar and it always bothered me.

wwwaufderaxemo2.jpg

I only come around here once in a while to annoy you people, and by people I mean you mutha :censored:as.

Surprised no one's mentioned the Iowa Hawkeyes and the (previous era) Pittsburgh Steelers...

...okay, I'll mention it.

The University of Iowa Hawkeyes football squad...and the National Football League Pittsburgh Steelers football squad (well...before the Futura revolution).

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Archived