Which teams do you think look too similar?

TPE

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
80s and 90s Penguins and Bruins

Boston actually lobbied the NHL to stop the Pens from switching from Blue/Blue to their colour set.

Spoiler

New York Rangers. Stanley Cup Champions - 1928, 1933, 1940, 1994. Saskatchewan. Cold. 1905-2022.

80s and 90s Penguins and Bruins

Boston actually lobbied the NHL to stop the Pens from switching from Blue/Blue to their colour set.

I remember reading something about that. Because supposedly Boston felt they owned the rights to the Gold(yellow)/Black combination? :P

going way back in time

mid-late 50's (c.1954-1958) green bay packers and pittsburgh steelers dark unis. EXTREMELY identical. same yellow helmets, same single helmet stripe (packers navy blue, steelers black). same jersey design (yellow NW sleeve stripes, yellow numerals). same socks (packers navy, steelers black, both yellow NW stripes). only the pants were the slightest bit different (steelers had yellow pants with black stripe, packers had plain yellow pants).

in late 80's, chunichi dragons and the dodgers had the exact same blue, red front numerals, same "dodgers" and "dragons" script and florish. only the dragons script "d" on the cap differed from the "LA" cap. but both had a white button on top.

in 60's-70's era, west ham, burnley and aston villa all featured claret shirts with full sky blue sleeves.

Winnipeg Blue Bombers

St. Louis Rams

New Orleans Saints

1D9450.jpg71842694ob6.jpg

saints_falcons01.jpg

You may as well add the Akron Zips to that...

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

As much as I LIKE the new design of the Atlanta Hawks' uniforms, I HATE that they went with the same color scheme of the Raptors, Nets, Pistons, and Sixers. Notice that they're ALL in the Eastern Conference, too. I don't see why they had to change the color scheme with the uniform change. This look would've worked FINE with the gold.

A bit disappointed by that, but happy to be in new duds, FINALLY.

As much as I LIKE the new design of the Atlanta Hawks' uniforms, I HATE that they went with the same color scheme of the Raptors, Nets, Pistons, and Sixers. Notice that they're ALL in the Eastern Conference, too. I don't see why they had to change the color scheme with the uniform change. This look would've worked FINE with the gold.

A bit disappointed by that, but happy to be in new duds, FINALLY.

But sir...navy and red (and silver, to a degree) are the Eastern Conference's colors!

Just like navy and columbia--or whatever shade of baby blue you choose to call it (and yellow, for the most part)--are the Western conference's colors!

It's an NBA revolution!

See?

everythinglooksthesamenm7.th.png

It's bound to happen.

Common thread in all this: NAVY.

(Note to NBA: PLEASE OUTLAW ANY AND ALL FUTURE NAVY JERSEYS...YOU ALREADY DID IT FOR THE BLACK JERSEYS!!!)

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

NYG

JmorrisNYG.jpg

&

Buffalo Bills

ThurmanTBuf2.jpg

They basically had the same jersey for a good while. And then the Super Bowl they played each other in basically looked like a practice game to me. Great game, but confuzzling.

Cowboys

DWhiteDal.jpg

&

Lions

Emurraydet.JPG

Same thing with these two.

I don't think this has been said yet...but many teams in NBA recent history that have worn purple have had similar home (white) jerseys.

current Suns

old Bucks

current Kings

old Raptors

Also, the Lakers and Pacers white jerseys looks similar.

Archived