Super bowl xl concept

JQK

JQK your logo is pretty tight, although IMO not tied in to Detroit enough (outside of the colours maybe). Most of the logos have some kind of defining element that identifies the city in which it's being played (and no, writing Detroit underneath doesn't count). You know what I mean.

I agree with SyPhi. If there are some elements that scream "Detroit" or "Ford Field" to you, maybe they could be incorporated into the logo. As it is, the logo seems very generic and could be placed for any Super Bowl. Look at the logos for New Orleans (pre-9/11 and from '97), Miami, Houston and next year in Jacksonville. The reason they stand out is beacuse you can tell where the game is being played.

Look at the logo for the Motor City bowl. An element as simple as a wheel lets the logo tie in to the auto industry of the city. Detroit is the Motor City...play up on that. Maybe make the XL distorted like the grille of a car, put the NFL logo above it like a hood ornament.

Sorry for too much critiquing...keep up with the Illustrator bug.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

Love the design, but I do agree with those who say that some additional element to give it more of a Detroit "feel" would be in order.  A relatively simple solution in my mind is to put some kind of "pedestal" beneath the shield to make it look like a hood ornament.

I think those you who think the logo doesn't say Detroit are missing the point. Doesn't the silver shield look like an emblem that might be on the hood of a car? Maybe it just needs to look more three-dimensional. Maybe the XL should be inside the shield so it looks like the logo of an automobile manufacturer.

Archived