Rumors swirling in Portand

Schilly

The blazers may be looking to revamp their look due to the addition of Greg Oden symbolizung a new era for trailblazer basketball. The rumor has some steam, but to what extenr of change is unknown, The reporter that reported it said it may incled a full on redesign, colors, logo uniforms, full overhaul. Timing is right I'll update if I hear more.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The blazers may be looking to revamp their look due to the addition of Greg Oden symbolizung a new era for trailblazer basketball. The rumor has some steam, but to what extenr of change is unknown, The reporter that reported it said it may incled a full on redesign, colors, logo uniforms, full overhaul. Timing is right I'll update if I hear more.

Funny how that same look carried them in good stead for the majority of the franchise's existence. A few lean years (thanks to inept management), and now they're due an overhaul?

My only thing i'd change would be going back to the older font typeface (80's era) and quit slanting the "swirl" logo.

It wouldn't be for this next season, I would imagine...they would have needed to notify the league at least a year ahead of time. And as far as I know, they're not on the "list" for 2007-2008.

It wouldn't be for this next season, I would imagine...they would have needed to notify the league at least a year ahead of time. And as far as I know, they're not on the "list" for 2007-2008.

What teams are on the list besides Atlanta (RUMORED)? Didnt Denver change theres when they found out they had one of the top 3 picks in 2003 or was it just a coincidence? I know Cleveland was planned before Lebron in 2003.

What teams are on the list besides Atlanta (RUMORED)? Didnt Denver change theres when they found out they had one of the top 3 picks in 2003 or was it just a coincidence? I know Cleveland was planned before Lebron in 2003.

I've got all of the changes for 2007-2008, and Portland's not in there. Maybe for 2008-2009? I don't know.

Only one team is making a major change, and it's not Portland.

Denver's mods were already in the works...there's a rule in every major league about giving at least a year (or two) notice on changes...

This makes no sense because they have always been red and black. It would be different if they were going back to colors they used in the past, but those have been their colors since 71. What colors could they possibly switch to?

(MLF) Chicago Cannons,  (IHA) Phoenix Firebirds - 2021 Xtreme Cup Champions

(WAFL) Phoenix Federals - WAFL World Bowl XII Champions (Defunct)

This makes no sense because they have always been red and black. It would be different if they were going back to colors they used in the past, but those have been their colors since 71. What colors could they possibly switch to?

2 shades of blue and a splash of yellow! :upside:

48142444846_3aa6afbd89_m.jpgNCAA Baseball Champions | 2014, 2019 

facebook

They can't change colors. The Rose City's NBA franchise is the Portland Trail Blazers, has always been, should always be, and they should be in white, red and black.

Now, though, I think they can do some things to improve and change the look to re-improve the image, and that's namely to go back to a lowercase, rounder font style.

837171~Clyde-Drexler-Rim-action-Photofile-Posters.jpg

that's what was used throughout the '80s, eventually making way for the first iteration of the all-caps look started in '91-92.

Dallas-Mavs.jpg

I'd love us to go to something like that sort of font, and return the pinwheel to it's former locked and upright position.

If the front office at One Center Court want to change the identity of the franchise - in the "corporate attitude" sense as opposed to the graphic design/sports business meaning - then they need to retain the traditional aspects but go back to the earlier, slightly softer look.

While there may be an abundance of red-and-black in the NBA, dammit, we've been that way for more than 30 years and I'll be damned if I want us to change just because too many other people have adopted those colors. We've got an iconic look - and that includes the pinwheel and the stripe across the chest.

the only thing I will grant, though, is that if they *do* want to change the colors, my vote goes for Mavs alt-esque blue and green, as those plus yellow are the colors of the flag of the city of Portland. I still think they shouldn't change, though.

harperdc.gif

I've got all of the changes for 2007-2008, and Portland's not in there. Maybe for 2008-2009? I don't know.

Only one team is making a major change, and it's not Portland.

Denver's mods were already in the works...there's a rule in every major league about giving at least a year (or two) notice on changes...

Would that be Atlanta????Any details?

2qluyo7.png

Archived