NY Islanders

Washington Capitals

NBA

Phoenix Suns

Atlanta Hawks

Toronto Raptors

NY Knicks

Utah Jazz

Well I think the Blue Jackets are going the right direction with their third jersey and "C" wrapped around the star logo. So I used that logo and parts of their alternate jersey to make a concept. I focused on the civil war theme that their name really refers to and not the goofy bug. I also got rid of their "CBJ" logo for good, although it could have made a nice third jersey logo I guess. I put a little silver into the scheme because it looks good in small amounts and is found in the logo. The civil war hat logo is the shoulder logo. Obviously I tried to encorporate the stars going from the jersey to the pants. Here it is:

Home/away:

bluejacketsconcept.gif

Alternate:

bluejacketsalternate.gif

C+C as always.

The home and road are nice, but I'm not sure how those red panels on the waist will look on the ice.

The red alternate is bothering me, mainly do to the large amount of grey as a trim colour. The Blue Jackets are named after the Union soldiers of the US Civil War, who of course fought the Confederate army. The Confederate army was famous for their grey uniforms, so any team named after the Union troops should shy away from using too much grey.

The home and road are nice, but I'm not sure how those red panels on the waist will look on the ice.

The red alternate is bothering me, mainly do to the large amount of grey as a trim colour. The Blue Jackets are named after the Union soldiers of the US Civil War, who of course fought the Confederate army. The Confederate army was famous for their grey uniforms, so any team named after the Union troops should shy away from using too much grey.

Thats a good point I think I'll change that.

actually the confederate army didnt always wear grey. they wore what they could find, often it was stolen union soldiers unis, or khaki. the officers wore grey yes, but the bulk of them did not. the amount of grey was definetly appropriate even tho the grey lettering on the alt didnt show up great, i like both versions.

duscarf2013.pngg6uheq4mgvrndguzuzak1pcte.gif
"I don't understand where you got this idea so deeply ingrained in your head (that this world) is something that you must impress, cause I couldn't care less"

http://keepdcunited.org

And, an update.

bluejacketsalternate2.gif

That's MUCH better. Very clean, all the colours pop. Good job.

actually the confederate army didnt always wear grey. they wore what they could find, often it was stolen union soldiers unis, or khaki. the officers wore grey yes, but the bulk of them did not. the amount of grey was definetly appropriate even tho the grey lettering on the alt didnt show up great, i like both versions.

Yeah, but when you think Confederate uniforms you think grey. True, it may have mostly been restricted to the officers, but grey more or less goes hand in hand with the Confederate army, at least in general perception (unless Lee's Special Order 191 doesn't get intercepted, then it's butternut. Points to whoever gets the reference :P).

Being a Columbus fan, I like these. BUT I would rather there not be all the stars on the pants/bottom of the jersey. I just don't like that. Maybe just make the stripes at the bottom go all the way across and none down.

Also, make the home jersey have white numbers and red outline.

Lebanon Warrior Football

LebanonWarriors3.jpg

If the Blue Jackets and the Capitals ever got together with some of these designs circulating, I think it would violate some human rights treaty on the amount of stars on the ice...

That said, good designs overall, but the logo looks out of place on the pants.

And, an update.

bluejacketsalternate2.gif

That's MUCH better. Very clean, all the colours pop. Good job.

Yeah, but when you think Confederate uniforms you think grey. True, it may have mostly been restricted to the officers, but grey more or less goes hand in hand with the Confederate army, at least in general perception (unless Lee's Special Order 191 doesn't get intercepted, then it's butternut. Points to whoever gets the reference :P).

Turtledove?

I've always like Columbus's alt logo.

True, it may have mostly been restricted to the officers, but grey more or less goes hand in hand with the Confederate army, at least in general perception (unless Lee's Special Order 191 doesn't get intercepted, then it's butternut. Points to whoever gets the reference :P).

Turtledove?

Yes! You're my new best friend :P

True, it may have mostly been restricted to the officers, but grey more or less goes hand in hand with the Confederate army, at least in general perception (unless Lee's Special Order 191 doesn't get intercepted, then it's butternut. Points to whoever gets the reference :P).

Turtledove?

Yes! You're my new best friend :P

Yeah, I have a friend. B)

Archived