Wichita St. Batting Helmets

ShlyKBMT

WSU has a good baseball program, but for some reason they always look like they got some of their uniforms from a girls' softball team. These helmets...gold vests with black sleeves...a head-to-toe black get-up they had a couple of years ago.

'Course, if MO State had the kind of on-field success Wichita State has had I wouldn't care what they wore. At least not too much.

SpringfieldCardinalsWord.gif

Those would be Easton batting helmets. How would I know? I was watching the Women's College World Series and saw the Easton commercial and they were wearing I think a black and silver version of that helmet.

WTF?

NCAA_Arizona_Wichita_State_Baseball4930804_lower.jpg

Yeah, saw those thing the entire Valley Tournament. Ugly as hell. As are their yellow jerseys.

I could be wrong, but I think WSU has kept the middle yellow on the hat since at least the 1980s. In other words, they had those hats after middle-color hats went out of style and before they returned to style.

WTF?

NCAA_Arizona_Wichita_State_Baseball4930804_lower.jpg

Yeah, saw those thing the entire Valley Tournament. Ugly as hell. As are their yellow jerseys.

I could be wrong, but I think WSU has kept the middle yellow on the hat since at least the 1980s. In other words, they had those hats after middle-color hats went out of style and before they returned to style.

You're right, they've always had the hats. But the original post was about the batting helmets.

You're right, they've always had the hats. But the original post was about the batting helmets.

I understand that, but since it's the same team, it's a related subject. Topics drift from one part of a team's uniform or logo to another (or even to another team) all the time.

I understand that, but since it's the same team, it's a related subject. Topics drift from one part of a team's uniform or logo to another (or even to another team) all the time.

Okay, then I misunderstood what you had said in some way. My bad.

Okay, then I misunderstood what you had said in some way. My bad.

No, it's my fault for not coming up with a better transition. Also, I shouldn't have been so defensive. I got jumped one time here for an innocuous post, and I guess I got a little touchy over that. My apologies.

Archived