NFL Alternate Jersey Dates?

fashman23

Does anyone know/have the list of when each team will be wearing their alternate jerseys? Has this even been released? Pantone, I know you are usually on top of these things. Can you comment? I know some teams have released dates (Pitt, PHL) when they introduced their new jerseys, but I have not seen anything on the rest.

Thanks

Not yet. That won't be known until July or August.

I swear, if the Pats wear silver jerseys again when they could sport a perfectly good red throwback set instead, I'll be forced to denounce Bob Kraft as a cheap bastid who can't shell out the extra dough for Pat Patriot helmets, pants, socks and jerseys. :evil:

I swear, if the Pats wear silver jerseys again when they could sport a perfectly good red throwback set instead, I'll be forced to denounce Bob Kraft as a cheap bastid who can't shell out the extra dough for Pat Patriot helmets, pants, socks and jerseys. :evil:

Yes, as a Pats fan you must be SO deprived. :rolleyes:

My money is on the Bills wearing the standing buffalo unis on opening day against Denver and the Monday night game against Dallas in November, but that is only an educated guess.

redcoats.png

Yes, as a Pats fan you must be SO deprived. :rolleyes:

honestly, the silvers are gonna stay. I do not know how many times this has been mentioned on this board. (Guessing around 200+) hate to upset youy but those reds were really only a one time deal, if I remember correctly. Now if was a red jersey in the current jersey style, then I'll agree with you.

honestly, the silvers are gonna stay. I do not know how many times this has been mentioned on this board. (Guessing around 200+) hate to upset youy but those reds were really only a one time deal, if I remember correctly. Now if was a red jersey in the current jersey style, then I'll agree with you.

The problem is that 99% of the football-watching public doesn't even KNOW that the Pats have a silver jersey, because it's virtually indistinguishable from the white one. It makes no sense to have a jersey with no identity like that, and it's pretty bad that they've had them for 3 years now and few people (with the exception of those on this board) have even noticed.

Ditch the silver, use a red alt. Or hey, how about not using an alt at all? It only works for 75% of the rest of the NFL. :rolleyes:

The problem is that 99% of the football-watching public doesn't even KNOW that the Pats have a silver jersey, because it's virtually indistinguishable from the white one. It makes no sense to have a jersey with no identity like that, and it's pretty bad that they've had them for 3 years now and few people (with the exception of those on this board) have even noticed.

Ditch the silver, use a red alt. Or hey, how about not using an alt at all? It only works for 75% of the rest of the NFL. :rolleyes:

Id love to see a red alternate in the current style, but from a marketing standpoint it makes no sense. Right now the Pats sell 4 main jerseys, and you see them all on the backs of fans around New England. They have the home Blues, the road Whites, the alternate Silver, and the throwback reds. It just gives them more variety to sell. Why go to a red alternate when you already sell a ton of red throwbacks?

I personally think the silver doesnt' stand out at all when they play because it looks just like the white. As a stand alone jersey for a fan to where, it looks pretty good. I've thought for a while that if maybe they wore white pants instead of the blue with the silver jersey, the silver would stand out a little more......

• 3 weeks later...

Id love to see a red alternate in the current style, but from a marketing standpoint it makes no sense. Right now the Pats sell 4 main jerseys, and you see them all on the backs of fans around New England. They have the home Blues, the road Whites, the alternate Silver, and the throwback reds. It just gives them more variety to sell. Why go to a red alternate when you already sell a ton of red throwbacks?

I personally think the silver doesnt' stand out at all when they play because it looks just like the white. As a stand alone jersey for a fan to where, it looks pretty good. I've thought for a while that if maybe they wore white pants instead of the blue with the silver jersey, the silver would stand out a little more......

Two things to add to that:

1) Let's all be thankful they haven't toyed with the idea (at least in public) of going head-to-kneecap silver yet (figure it out); and

2) Who else besides me has wondered what the Patriots' roadies would look like with silver pants? Just a curiosity.

I can almost guarantee you that the Falcons will be wearing all-black either Thanksgiving night, or in the home game against the Saints. It's almost become tradition.

I can almost guarantee you that the Falcons will be wearing all-black either Thanksgiving night, or in the home game against the Saints. It's almost become tradition.

Yep, the Monday Night home game vs. the Saints seems like a certainty for the all-black.

I think the Falcons will wear red on Thanksgiving, and go all-black against Tampa Bay.

All I know is that I'd go nuts (in a good way) if the Jets broke these out on Thanksgiving (which most likely won't happen, but still...)

wesley_walker1.jpg

Ah...the days of OVERLY LARGE uniform numbers (the Seahawks had this issue, too...back in the day).

And hold up...is that guy wearing a sweater turtleneck?

Upon closer inspection...YES IT IS!!!

you know what would be better... a 40th anniversary of the rivalry thing where the Falcons wear these:

rohNobis.jpg

and the Saints wear these:

kilmer.jpg

and then on Thanksgiving the Falcons wear these:

rohNobis.jpg

and the Colts wear these:

BSMith-Colts72T.jpg

redcoats.png

EXACTLY! Same reason why I'm against the U.S. wearing red. :cursing:

Archived