London 2012 Unveils Logo

DEAD!

That logo looks more like some sort of stupid extreme potato chip than anything to do with the Olympics. Or maybe some kind of tweener-girl lip gloss. Or perhaps the newest Blow-Pop.

Anything but sports. How sad.

Maybe this is Doritos new campaign?

I'm working in Europe with a bunch of Brits, and when they told us about the 2012 logo, I practically threw up.

My gaaahd (said with a Boston accent).

It looks like a logo for an independent minor league baseball team in 1985.

Their bid logo was what i'd expect from the Brits. I expect this from San Jose or San Antonio.

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

By looking at this logo, I ask me, why dont' they make the both 2's the same style?! Has anybody got an answer?

KaTo

What "2's"? I see an "L" and an "R".

Dreadful. Dated.

No, wait. I've never said this before but think this might be my opportunity to unleash...

B, B, S & S.

HansonsSig.jpg

Click here to read Third String Goalie - The Hockey Jersey of the Day Blog

Click here to see my hockey and baseball jersey collection online

?You don?t like to see 20 kids punching 20 other kids. But it?s not a disgrace, It?s hockey.? - Michael Farber

One of the funkiest logos I've seen. I've never seen a logo with the central visual element being the YEAR it is used for.

My main question is why is there several versions of this in different colors? Why not make one logo that uses all four colors...like this:

london2012.gif

--Roger "Time?" Clemente.

champssig2.png
Follow me on Twitter if you care: @Animal_Clans.

My opinion may or may not be the same as yours. The choice is up to you.

Can't wait to see the mascot!

Maybe the mascot will be a pet rock, since the 0 basically looks like a jagged boulder.

Roger Clemente's idea of using all four colors at once actually makes some sense. At least then you can make out each of the separate elements.

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

Can't wait to see the mascot!

Maybe the mascot will be a pet rock, since the 0 basically looks like a jagged boulder.

Roger Clemente's idea of using all four colors at once actually makes some sense. At least then you can make out each of the separate elements.

Well, if nothing else it makes me feel just a bit better about the Vancouver 2010 logo. :D

zzPEfBm.png

Absolute dogs dinner of a logo.

Thank you Lord Coe for wasting £400,00 on that monstrosity. <_<

So far they've ticked all the right boxes until now. That is one monumental clanger to drop.

I think I'd go out on a limb and say its the worst Olympic identity yet - even Beijing's stick figure looks good next to this.

On reddit, someone said it looks like Lisa Simpson giving head.

I can't put it any better than that.

oh ,my god ,i strong recommend you to have a visit on the website ,or if i'm the president ,i would have an barceque with the anthor of the articel .

Archived