Lucky Players

Sport

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

About half of my favorite all-time team could probably go on this list - the '02 Angels. I mean, take a look:

- Alex Ochoa

- Orlando Palmeiro

- Jose Molina

- Ben Weber, although he's got one of my all-time favorite windups

- Jeff DaVanon

- Shawn Wooten

- Brad Fullmer

- Scott Spezio

- Jerrod Washburn. He had one heck of a 2002, but hasn't done didley-poo since

- Jose Nieves

- Scott Schoenweis

- Aaron Sele

- Alfredo Amezaga

You could probably throw in Kennedy and Eckstein, but they've more than proven themselves in my book.

The Lions O-Line when Barry Sanders was there. They didn't even have to do half the job they were paid to do. Barry opened his own holes and lanes to run through.

The Lions O-Line when Barry Sanders was there. They didn't even have to do half the job they were paid to do. Barry opened his own holes and lanes to run through.

Barry would go in the great player on average teams. Its a shame he retired without trying to go to a contending team. I would have loved to see him on a really good team.

islandersscroll.gif

Spoilers!

I'll stop short of adding Jim Plunkett and Doug Williams. Plunkett because no one really stood out on the 1980 Raiders (they just worked great as a team unit)

Plunkett won two Super Bowls and was a Heisman Trophy winner. I am not saying he should be in the HOF, but he is certainly not some chump who happened to get lucky.

Barry would go in the great player on average teams. Its a shame he retired without trying to go to a contending team. I would have loved to see him on a really good team.

Yet, players like Emmitt Smith choose to go to the Cardinals.

he was also at the end of his career and his best days were long behind him. I think the cards was the only team to show interest in him. When he did go to the cards its not like he did a whole hell of a lot anyway.

I'll stop short of adding Jim Plunkett and Doug Williams. Plunkett because no one really stood out on the 1980 Raiders (they just worked great as a team unit)

Plunkett won two Super Bowls and was a Heisman Trophy winner. I am not saying he should be in the HOF, but he is certainly not some chump who happened to get lucky.

Plunkett wasn't a flash and spectacular player thats going to crush all the records, but he did get the job done twice. At the end of the day, thats what matters is if they can lead a team to super bowl and win it. Some times the best players aren't flash and glammer, some are the lunch pale types that get the job done.

islandersscroll.gif

Spoilers!

In the "almost" category, how about Gale Gilbert... 5 straight AFC Championships as a backup QB from 1990-94. Too bad he never won a Super Bowl...

oh ,my god ,i strong recommend you to have a visit on the website ,or if i'm the president ,i would have an barceque with the anthor of the articel .

Archived