Copa America 2007 - Not on American ESPN 2?!?!

rmackman

Guadaloupe > Canada, at least at this point.

Freaking laser beam by Fleurival to give them the lead.

Canada 1-2 Guadaloupe (40')

[Croatia National Team Manager Slavan] Bilic then went on to explain how Croatia's success can partially be put down to his progressive man-management techniques. "Sometimes I lie in the bed with my players. I go to the room of Vedran Corluka and Luka Modric when I see they have a problem and I lie in bed with them and we talk for 10 minutes." Maybe Capello could try getting through to his players this way too? Although how far he'd get with Joe Cole jumping up and down on the mattress and Rooney demanding to be read his favourite page from The Very Hungry Caterpillar is open to question. --The Guardian's Fiver, 08 September 2008

Attention: In order to obtain maximum enjoyment from your stay at the CCSLC, the reader is advised that the above post may contain large amounts of sarcasm, dry humour, or statements which should not be taken in any true sort of seriousness. As a result, the above poster absolves himself of any and all blame in the event that a forum user responds to the aforementioned post without taking the previous notice into account. Thank you for your cooperation, and enjoy your stay at the CCSLC.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think I've figured out ESPN's order of priority when it comes to sports:

American Football

Baseball

Basketball

Golf

Tennis

NASCAR

Poker

Fishing

World's Strongest Man

Talk Shows

Lacrosse

Spelling Bee

Billiards

National Scrabble Championships

Hockey

Soccer

If your sport isn't listed at this point, you won't be covered by ESPN. Sorry if you're a fan of Australian Rules Football, Rugby, Cricket or Curling (which is barely covered even during the Winter Olympics)

-Daniel
Check Out My Podcast! Latest Episode 273: The Color Blinky
Latest Photo Upload: January 7, 2012

Guadaloupe > Canada, at least at this point.

Freaking laser beam by Fleurival to give them the lead.

Canada 1-2 Guadaloupe (40')

Oh jeebus ... don't remind me. That was a painful game to watch.

American Football

Baseball

Basketball

Golf

Tennis

NASCAR

Poker

Fishing

World's Strongest Man

Talk Shows

Lacrosse

Spelling Bee

Billiards

Hockey

Soccer

If your sport isn't listed at this point, you won't be covered by ESPN. Sorry if you're a fan of Australian Rules Football, Rugby, Cricket or Curling (which is barely covered even during the Winter Olympics)

You should've added "The Sopranos" at the top. :hockeysmiley:

Β 

Β 

Good God, Honduras! Pavon has struck twice for them in the first eleven minutes against Cuba, and if it weren't for a silly miss (on which his team was robbed of a corner kick), he should have had a hat trick....

Alright, now in the 53rd, Pavon has all four (4 (four!)) of his team's goals. All nice finishes too; two with the head and one with each foot.

American Football

Baseball

Basketball

Golf

Tennis

NASCAR

Poker

Fishing

World's Strongest Man

Talk Shows

Lacrosse

Spelling Bee

Billiards

Hockey

Soccer

My adjustment to this list would be towards the top...

American football

Red Sox/Yankees

Basketball

The Rest of the MLB

IUe6Hvh.png

Good God, Honduras! Pavon has struck twice for them in the first eleven minutes against Cuba, and if it weren't for a silly miss (on which his team was robbed of a corner kick), he should have had a hat trick....

Alright, now in the 53rd, Pavon has all four (4 (four!)) of his team's goals. All nice finishes too; two with the head and one with each foot.

So Honduras and Panama are all out of their group...the same group that has Mexico. HA HA!

Β 

Β 

Pavon ended up with 4 goals, and Honduras won 5-0.

[Croatia National Team Manager Slavan] Bilic then went on to explain how Croatia's success can partially be put down to his progressive man-management techniques. "Sometimes I lie in the bed with my players. I go to the room of Vedran Corluka and Luka Modric when I see they have a problem and I lie in bed with them and we talk for 10 minutes." Maybe Capello could try getting through to his players this way too? Although how far he'd get with Joe Cole jumping up and down on the mattress and Rooney demanding to be read his favourite page from The Very Hungry Caterpillar is open to question. --The Guardian's Fiver, 08 September 2008

Attention: In order to obtain maximum enjoyment from your stay at the CCSLC, the reader is advised that the above post may contain large amounts of sarcasm, dry humour, or statements which should not be taken in any true sort of seriousness. As a result, the above poster absolves himself of any and all blame in the event that a forum user responds to the aforementioned post without taking the previous notice into account. Thank you for your cooperation, and enjoy your stay at the CCSLC.

So Honduras and Panama are all out of their group...the same group that has Mexico. HA HA!
And yet, Mexico isn't quite dead yet. All they have to do is avoid losing to Panama by five goals, and they will advance. If they do not win though, they will play the United States in the quarterfinals. If they win, they will either play Costa Rica (if they win by four goals or less) or Guadeloupe (if they win by six goals or more).

LvZYtbZ.png

American Football

Baseball

Basketball

Golf

Tennis

NASCAR

Poker

Fishing

World's Strongest Man

Talk Shows

Lacrosse

Spelling Bee

Billiards

Hockey

Soccer

What about Arena Football, they've had pretty good coverage of that so far this year, it's on every monday night, and they'll show all of the playoff games too.

Cardinals -- Rams -- Blues -- Tigers -- Liverpool

Check out my music!

Side note, what's with Mexico needing extra time to get past Costa Rica? Coulda sworn they were better than that...

And now non-FIFA member Guadeloupe is beating Honduras. What's going on here?!

In the group stage, Honduras beat Mexico and Guadeloupe beat Canada. Yeah, Guadeloupe?

I saw, I came, I left.

Side note, what's with Mexico needing extra time to get past Costa Rica? Coulda sworn they were better than that...

In the group stage, Honduras beat Mexico and Guadeloupe beat Canada. Yeah, Guadeloupe?
Who knows, perhaps the USA can clinch their spot in the Confederations Cup by Thursday instead of on Sunday? All they'd need is a win and a Mexico loss.

LvZYtbZ.png

Guadeloupe's success has been based on scoring in a short span, then locking down to hold the lead. Apart from Pavon, Honduras had no real offencive threat, which made beating them that much easier. Considering that it took Jared Borgetti (!!!) to score against Costa Rica may make things that much more interesting in that Semifinal.

Semifinals:

USA-Canada

Mexico-Guadeloupe

American Football

Baseball

Basketball

Golf

Tennis

NASCAR

Poker

Fishing

World's Strongest Man

Talk Shows

Lacrosse

Spelling Bee

Billiards

Hockey

Soccer

My adjustment to this list would be towards the top...

American football

Red Sox/Yankees

Basketball

The Rest of the MLB

I'll adjust it further...

1. Money

2. Nothing

TV is about money. There is no conspiracy. I know most of you know that.

Soccer/Hockey/Aussie Rules/etc. don't draw the viewers that "sports" many of you don't like do. They don't put Poker and Fishing on there for nothing. Somebody, somewhere watches it.

It's unfortunate cause I'd love to be able to watch more soccer/aussie rules/curling/etc, but until a giantic shift in population away from the mega-eastcoast-opolis happens, its going to be Yankees/Red Sox for awhile. Until the popularity of soccer to white men 18-34 increases, we're not going to see it because ESPN isn't going to push for the rights to televise it.

At the Copa.. the Copa Oro...

The US tried hard to give that game away to Panama. Yike. Should be a good semifinal.

And, go Guadelopue! :D

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ Branded |Β Behance portfolio

Β 

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

I'll adjust it further...

1. Money

4. Nothing

I'll add to it

& Chicks for free

It is about money, which is based on popularity. Advertisers would not want to put money into something that doesn't draw an audience.... which is why the NFL is as big as it is.

I saw, I came, I left.

A little late, but here is a site that is great for streaming soccer games:

http://livefooty.doctor-serv.com/

Lucky for me I get GolTV and FSC so I can watch alot of games if I want to. But I have used this to watch a few of Italy's qualifying games for Euro 2008. It is a shame that ESPN isn't showing it though. I enjoyed watching the World Cup on ESPN last summer, it would have been great to see some more this summer (at least Euro 2008 and the Champion's League get coverage). ESPN has really gotten bad, there are too many talk shows and not enough actual sports coverage. They could really cover alot of cool things, even if most of it is on tape delay.

Archived