MLB 2007 All Star Game Thread

patsox

Here's Mine:

AL:

1B - Ortiz (Boston) (Though I won't get into the whole DH-thing)

2B - Polanco (Detroit)

3B - Rodriguez (New York)

SS - Tejada (Baltimore)

C - Mauer (Minnesota)

OF - Ordonez (Detroit)

OF - Suzuki (Seattle)

OF - Hunter (Minnesota)

NL:

1B - Fielder (Milwaukee)

2B - Utley (Philadelphia)

3B - Ramirez (Chicago)

SS - Reyes (New York)

C - Martin (Los Angeles)

OF - Holliday (Colorado)

OF - Griffey Jr. (Cincinnati) (OK, that's more sentimental, though he is having a decent year...he was my favorite player growing up, as I'm sure was the case w/ a LOT of others)

OF - Nady (Pittsburgh) (I can't bring myself to vote for anyone else, not that he'll ever come close, but he's having a very solid season)

65caba33-7cfc-417f-ac8e-5eb8cdd12dc9_zps

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ken Griffey Jr. & Mike Piazza were both injured for an entire year, yet they all somehow made it into the all star game the year they were injured.

Which affirms my point that voting is a joke, but I always watch the hell out of the All-Star Game.

National League

1B - Prince Fielder

2B - Orlando Hudson

3B - David Wright

SS - David Eckstein

C - Yadier Molina

OF - Matt Holliday

OF - Ken Griffey Jr.

OF - Carlos Lee

American League

1B - *Kevin Youkilis (write in)

2B - Placido Polanco

3B - Chone Figgins

SS - Michael Young

C - Joe Mauer

OF - Magglio Ordonez

OF - Garret Anderson

OF - Torii Hunter

Cards08.jpg

World Champions: 1926 1931 1934 1942 1944 1946 1964 1967 1982 2006

Here's my ballot...

NL

C: Russ Martin (LAD)

1B: Prince Fielder (MIL)

2B: Chase Utley (PHI)

3B: David Wright (NYM)

SS: J.J. Hardy (MIL)

OF: Matt Holliday (COL)

OF: Ken Griffey, Jr. (CIN)

OF: Carlos Beltran (NYM)

AL

C: Jorge Posada (NYY)

1B: Justin Morneau (MIN)

2B: Brian Roberts (BAL)

3B: Alex Rodriguez (NYY)

SS: Miguel Tejada (BAL)

OF: Magglio Ordonez (DET)

OF: Vladimir Guerrero (LAA)

OF: Nick Markakis (BAL)

sig_gai.png

warriorbannerssmall.png

David Ortiz is giving up his spot at 1B on the players ballot so teammate Kevin Youkilis can be on it. He'll still be on the fan voting ballot, where he will very easily make the team and be a starter.

There are just 15 full days remaining in the fan balloting. In the most recent ballot results announced by MLB, Ortiz is by far the leading vote-getter among AL first basemen, with 1,055,260 votes, more than double the second-leading vote-getter, Minnesota's Justin Morneau.

Because it appears that Ortiz will be the starting first baseman for the AL, based on the fans' voting, the team asked Ortiz if he would be OK with it if Youkilis could be listed on the ballot sent to players.

"He was all for it," said one Major League Baseball source, "and excited about Youkilis' chances."

Major League Baseball does not require that the same players who are listed on the fans' ballot appear on the ballots given to players.

IUe6Hvh.png

VOTE YOUKILIS AS A WRITE-IN!!!

3B, 1B, LF, I DON'T CARE!

HE DESERVES TO BE IN THE GAME

***this Public Service Announcement has been brought to you by the PatSox Committee for Players who deserve to be in the All Star Game in San Fran Association of America.

You are such a tool.

***this Public Service Announcement has been brought to you by the PatSox Committee for Players who deserve to be in the All Star Game in San Fran Association of America.

You are such a tool.

DON'T TALK ABOUT GOD LIKE THAT! :cursing:

Until Kevin Youkilis is voted onto the All-Star team, I will bear this sig.

VoteYouksig.jpg

Anyone is free to use it in the justified crusade for... justice... ... ... GO YOUK!!!

The system, to put it bluntly, sucks. [...] Ok, I'm done......anyone agree?

I do. One of the things that grind my gears about it (I may just post about it now that I'm thinking about it) is how early the voting starts. It's like week 2 of the season. That just begs that the popular superstars will get the start and a roster spot even if they don't deserve it. I propose the following system:

The All-Star Managers/Players/Sportswriters select the 25 man roster for each league. That way relatively unknowns having phenominal seasons will get a much deserved roster spot. The All-Star rosters are selected and announced 1 week before the game. The rosters are then put up to a vote to determine the starters.

This system will probably not change the players that start the game (unless some superstar has a crappy season not deserving of a All-Star honor), but it will give more roster spots to more deserving players.

"In the arena of logic, I fight unarmed."

I tweet & tumble.

You are such a tool.

After his last post...co/sign. That's :censored:in ridiculous. Who votes in a whole team?

You are such a tool.

After his last post...co/sign. That's :censored:in ridiculous. Who votes in a whole team?

You should read the PM he sent me about my sig. He takes things waaaayyyy too seriously.

Sorry, McCall, It's just that I took that series of sigs seriously and I'm sick of people making fun of them. I definitely appreciate your crusade though.

In all honesty, it was kind of done out of fun. But I really do think Youk should be put on the ballot in place of Ortiz. Anytime a full-time position player can get the respect he deserves over a DH, I'm all for it. Besides, I actually like Youk. He's a hell of a player. While I don't mind Ortiz, he's really only a part-time player, which is how I see the DH. Sorry. It's the National League in me. :D

***BREAKING NEWS ALERT***

The Red Sox have made a request to MLB for Ortiz's name to be replaced on the Player's Ballot with Youkils's.

**LINK

*NOW BACK TO YOUR REGULARLY SCHEDULED CCSLC VIEWING

********************************************************************************

The Red Sox have made a request to MLB for Ortiz's name to be replaced on the Player's Ballot with Youkils's.

**LINK

*NOW BACK TO YOUR REGULARLY SCHEDULED CCSLC VIEWING

********************************************************************************

David Ortiz is giving up his spot at 1B on the players ballot so teammate Kevin Youkilis can be on it. He'll still be on the fan voting ballot, where he will very easily make the team and be a starter.

There are just 15 full days remaining in the fan balloting. In the most recent ballot results announced by MLB, Ortiz is by far the leading vote-getter among AL first basemen, with 1,055,260 votes, more than double the second-leading vote-getter, Minnesota's Justin Morneau.

Because it appears that Ortiz will be the starting first baseman for the AL, based on the fans' voting, the team asked Ortiz if he would be OK with it if Youkilis could be listed on the ballot sent to players.

"He was all for it," said one Major League Baseball source, "and excited about Youkilis' chances."

Major League Baseball does not require that the same players who are listed on the fans' ballot appear on the ballots given to players.

A little late, don't you think?

To go away from the Youkilis debate, who're gonna be the starting pitchers?

AL: Lackey, Sabathia, or Beckett? It's obvious where my vote goes(*coughlackeycough*)

NL: Hamels, Peavy, or Penny?

Also, on a side note, I was at a Baltimore game one Sunday, and the usher handed out ballots. It was insane how many fans I noticed voting the entire Orioles, the below .500 Orioles, roster. Granted, none of them will probably win, but it's ridiculous.

Not to be a homer, but as far as starters go, I'd have to choose Haren, Verlander, Matsuzaka, Beckett, and I guess Lackey for the AL.

I meant the actual starter for the game...as in which one guy will start for the AL and NL. I'd throw Haren into the mix with Lackey, Beckett, and C.C. as well though.

Not to be a homer, but as far as starters go, I'd have to choose Haren, Verlander, Matsuzaka, Beckett, and I guess Lackey for the AL.

You junior, are the definition of a "homer."

Archived