Sports Illustrated's Top 10 Worst College Unis

GoValpo

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I disagree with like 7 out of the 10 jerseys on this list

How the hell is Syracuse's uniforms the 4th worst in all of college football?

1) Blue numbers on orange helmets = legible only to those on the field of play. Anybody in the stands is gonna have a hard time seeing that.

2) Same thing with the home uniform. Everything just bleeds into each other. They were better when they had the white outlines, it looked much better.

3) Orange & Navy Blue don't go well together? Not my opinion, but the opinion of most.

Same here... Oregon, Wyoming and Rhode Island are attrocious. The others aren't that bad, they just need better excecution.

1) Blue numbers on orange helmets = legible only to those on the field of play. Anybody in the stands is gonna have a hard time seeing that.

2) Same thing with the home uniform. Everything just bleeds into each other. They were better when they had the white outlines, it looked much better.

3) Orange & Navy Blue don't go well together? Not my opinion, but the opinion of most.

Buy a color wheel. Orange absolutely goes with Navy. It's inarguable. Whether you like it or not is another matter.

http://kuler.adobe.com/

To show how uninformed this 10-worst list is, they cite Wyoming, and use their one-game throwback for photographic evidence.

Seeing teams like Iowa State, Delaware, and Notre Dame in this list just makes it look silly.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Oregon certainly belongs at the top, but I disagree with almost all of the others. I assume Delaware is on the list simply because their unis are too similar to Michigan's (probably on everyone's ten best list).

I didn't even have to look at the list and I said Oregon would be #1, how could they not be?! I disagree with Syracuse being #4, and possibly even Clemson being on the list, although when they wear purple pants it is an awful sight!

Oregon certainly belongs at the top, but I disagree with almost all of the others. I assume Delaware is on the list simply because their unis are too similar to Michigan's (probably on everyone's ten best list).

Delaware is a wannabe Michigan/early 90's St. Louis Rams mix with a stock Nike number font. The blue is too blue to go with the wannabe-maize.

Oregon is the only one that deserves to be on that list. Out of the other 9, the worst are Utah and the Air Force, and those are just blah. Most of them I really like. Rhode Island's uniform is one of my favourite NCAA football sets.

Delaware is a wannabe Michigan/early 90's St. Louis Rams mix with a stock Nike number font. The blue is too blue to go with the wannabe-maize.

You do realize that Delaware's uniforms look like Michigan's for a reason right?

That has got to be the worst "worst list" ever. I'll give them Delaware and Iowa State, but others are either a minor step away or beautiful the way they are.

Notre Dame's green? Perfect. Rhode Island? Not the greatest, but there are uglier teams. How 'bout UL-Monroe? They're uglier than the Rams.

I'll grant that the Ducks of Oregon are less than optimal. That diamond hatching crap has got to go. But their color scheme is a winner in my book. A solid design with the neon colors will pop. With Oregon, it's not the neon, it's the execution.

"In the arena of logic, I fight unarmed."

I tweet & tumble.

Archived