Question for Professionals

CS85

I'm a beginner at pro logo making, but my friend's mother told me she'd pay me to design a logo for her bed and breakfast, mostly for business cards and such things. I was wondering how I should go about setting a price for my creations, if she indeed does think they're worth using?

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

being paid by a mate old dear to come up with a b&b logo, isnt pro logo design in the real sense.

its a great way to start working and getting a little bit of experience with real life clients but you need to set realistic prices. the best thing to do in a situation like this is give her a number of ideas (say 3/5) and then work up a 2 or three finals/ colourways based on what she prefers. from this give her a set of practical stationary with all the info on. business cards, headed paper any signage. just sample.

something like that might be worth $50 i guess? shouldnt take more than a few hours of you time and not very much in printing etc. that would sound fair to me.

otherwise you might just want to charge by the hour.

That's kind of what I figured, I'm not starting up any companies or firms or whatnot, I just didn't know the best way to set a price for the situation. I'll probably just do the hourly rate. Thanks.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Archived