UATV Logo Concept Part III

arkansasdolfan

Definetly an upgrade from last time, but there's still room for improvement.

First off, the gradients are unnecessary. Especially when the trend in the HDTV era has been towards more simplistic logos (look up any TV station that has a logo gallery on wikipedia to see what I'm talking about).

Secondly, outlining your numbers in black would really help them pop. Right now they just get lost in the background (especially outside the circle).

I wasn't sold on the font you've used for the letters at first, but they're starting to grow on me. I'd still say there's something wrong and/or missing that I can't quite put my finger on though.

But keep going... you'll get it eventually.

So you like something like this better?

uatvfinalFINALplainjane.png

4029tv.com

5newsonline.com

Just so you can see our local station ids.

FWIW, I'd definetly put what you have up against either one of those ID's. Way to go.

So you like something like this better?

uatvfinalFINALplainjane.png

4029tv.com

5newsonline.com

Just so you can see our local station ids.

What would the 14 look like in silver?

You know, I rarely visit ccslsc anymore. I really should fix that.

What would the 14 look like in silver?

Even though that might be interesting to see from a design POV, I think the beauty in what he has now is in its simplicity (and, according to wikipeida, it'd be the only "circle 14" logo in existence). Most likely, the silver would just take away from that.... although I'll reserve final judgement for when and if arkansasdolfan decides to do it.

avery, I put it in silver, and I will save everybody's eyes the torture, it looks terrible.

I am curious illwauk, what makes the plain version so beautiful. Is it just the simplicity or is there some hidden design element that I have unknowingly stumbled upon. Also I am willing to listen to anything that could improve it.

dolphins2.png

avery, I put it in silver, and I will save everybody's eyes the torture, it looks terrible.

I am curious illwauk, what makes the plain version so beautiful. Is it just the simplicity or is there some hidden design element that I have unknowingly stumbled upon. Also I am willing to listen to anything that could improve it.

I think a big part of it is that a lot of the TV stations I grew up watching are either still using the logo they had when I was a kid (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/WISN-TV), (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/WBAY) or just recently got rid of it (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sailboat_4_logo). So I tend to judge TV logos based on whether or not I can see them being used in 20 years... what you have fits into that category.

Archived