A Hamilton NHL team logo...

SHaMROCK

I designed this logo for a Hamilton NHL franchise I named the HAMILTON STEELERS. I dug it out and cleaned it up and would like some opinions on it, remember I was only 14 and designed the logo on a Commodore 64 in Print Shop then printed and coloured by hand. The uniform template is hand drawn.

hamiltonsteelerslogout4.jpg

hamiltonsteelerssethz3.jpg

...and here is the logo cleaned up a bit!

hamiltonsteelerslogo200cn9.jpg

This is a logo I designed about 20 years ago when I was 14 years old for a Hamilton NHL team I called the Steelers. The two tall black and gold towers represent tall steel and glass office buildings looking down King street. The cross beam with the name is infact a representation of a steel "I" beam with the team name "Steelers" inside it. THe team colours are black, gold, blue, and white. Blue and gold (HSR bus colours) are the official city colours.

shamrockles.png

shamrocklescronological.png

There's only 1 team named Steelers that i care to know about and that'st he Pittsburgh Steelers.

Hamilton should give it a go with a different name, like Pittsburgh, the steel mills are no longer a big thing which i am sure it is the same with Hamilton, unless that freakin city is stuck in the 80's and refused to move ahead to new technology like the rest of the world and well, GROWTH in general.

I remember the tv show that they had a while back that had a Hamilton hockey team, the colours they had were pretty solid, i forget the name, had to do with a fish or something, something hammer or whatever. That was a decent enough name.

I like the colours, the name Steelers not so much with Hamilton.

LETS GO PENGUINS!

5x Stanley Cup Champions

There has to be more to Hamilton than just a steelers name attatched to it forever.

I'm sure its still apart of the city, but not as big as before i'm sure.

LETS GO PENGUINS!

5x Stanley Cup Champions

I think the ONLY name that should be considered for an NHL franchise in Hamilton SHOULD BE "Steelers".

I like the colour combination in the drawings, but not th royal blue used in your "updated" digital version ( I know it was a quick rendering...)

As for the HSR colour, I like the tones they use in the bus (pictured on the site) but not their official logo, at least not for a hockey team.

The City's steel blue and gold is a nice colour scheme as well.

Overall, I like the simplicity of the logo, I'd like to see different variations of colour...

:flagcanada:

@Frenchie_TO
Owner of the Rochester Americans of the MLH

Owner of the Toronto Frenchies of the GCFHL6

There has to be more to Hamilton than just a steelers name attatched to it forever.

I'm sure its still apart of the city, but not as big as before i'm sure.

OMG, are you my Dad? When I showed him my drawing as a boy he said they could never name the team STEELERS because the soccer team already had the name. Well, to you and my Dad, that was twenty years ago, I think it's safe to use now!!!

shamrockles.png

I remember the tv show that they had a while back that had a Hamilton hockey team, the colours they had were pretty solid, i forget the name, had to do with a fish or something, something hammer or whatever. That was a decent enough name.

That team was called the Steelheads.

Why not the "SteelBacks" while we're at it, that could secure some serious sponsorship!!!

Would corporate sponsorship of a team name go over well in the NHL? The arena name would be cool as Steelback Centre (already built in the Sault I believe), but the Steelbacks? I don't think the powers that be in the NHL would allow teams to become banners for corporate identities.

Another possibility, with lake Ontario being right there could be the Steelheads (a type of fish). The ECHL team in Idaho uses the Steelhead name, but not the fish identity, just a goalie mask made of steel as a logo.

Why not the "SteelBacks" while we're at it, that could secure some serious sponsorship!!!

Would corporate sponsorship of a team name go over well in the NHL? The arena name would be cool as Steelback Centre (already built in the Sault I believe), but the Steelbacks? I don't think the powers that be in the NHL would allow teams to become banners for corporate identities.

Another possibility, with lake Ontario being right there could be the Steelheads (a type of fish). The ECHL team in Idaho uses the Steelhead name, but not the fish identity, just a goalie mask made of steel as a logo.

I seem to recall another team (can't remember if it was IHL, ECHL, or another minor-pro league) that had a Steel beam being hoisted, my memory tells me, blueish/grey colour scheme. I could have sworn it was the steelheads.

like THIS (is this a rip-off/recoloration? or did my memory play tricks on me???)

@Frenchie_TO
Owner of the Rochester Americans of the MLH

Owner of the Toronto Frenchies of the GCFHL6

I seem to recall another team (can't remember if it was IHL, ECHL, or another minor-pro league) that had a Steel beam being hoisted, my memory tells me, blueish/grey colour scheme. I could have sworn it was the steelheads.

like THIS (is this a rip-off/recoloration? or did my memory play tricks on me???)

It's not a rip off of anything, like I said I designed this over twenty years ago when I was just a 13 year old kid.

shamrockles.png

It's not a rip off of anything, like I said I designed this over twenty years ago when I was just a 13 year old kid.

I don't think he was calling your design a ripoff, he was referring to the European logo he posted in the link.

They can cal it whatever the heck they want, as long as my Preds stay in Nashvegas.

Better round up all your friends and start buying tickets, cause there are people all over Southern Ontario chomping at the bit to get Kitchener/Hamilton Predators tickets!!

They can cal it whatever the heck they want, as long as my Preds stay in Nashvegas.

Better say your good-bye next season because they will be calling the RIM Centre (formerly Copps Coliseum) home in 2008-2009.

shamrockles.png

Better say your good-bye next season because they will be calling the RIM Centre (formerly Copps Coliseum) home in 2008-2009.

Doesn't look like it. Corporate Nashville has finally woken up and realized that even if they don't LIKE hockey, the team leaving would be a HUGE blackeye to the city. I think we're gonna average around 15k this year, with most Sat night bein sellouts.

Individual ticket sales are fine right now...just gotta get the bizes goin

The Idaho Steelheads changed their logo this year, instead of the steel goalie mask, their logo now shows some mountains and trees with river running through and Steelheads type bellow. It surley did work trhey won the Kelly Cup.

Archived