Cleveland Indians Wearing Blue at Home Tonight

Burning River

Man, the blue at home brings back some GREAT memories!! Always liked that look. Anyways...

I looked in the "Creamer Files" and confirmed (with myself) that the Indians have 1 blue Jersey listed, with silver piping. Wearing these at home would seem a bit odd with white pants. I was wondering if they have another blue jersey with white piping. As far as I can tell, the piping on TV looks silver/gray.

Thanks for the help!

They use to have 2 blue versions one with "Cleveland" [red piping] and one with "Indians" [white piping] on it. When they added silver in 2002, they dropped the "Cleveland" version. Now they have really light silver piping [almost white], which is darker looking in the site's image.

Yes, the do wear the blue alterntae occasionally [home and road], though, the gray is a lot more subtle than it looks on the site. The old version with white piping is almost identicle to the current version.

old versions:

gonzalez_juan0106.jpg

alomar-clev1.jpg

Current version:

lzmLgocA.jpg

mZFjw3QK.jpg

[Red piping is the best looking one, IMO]

BROWNS | BUCKEYES | CAVALIERS | INDIANS |

Man, the blue at home brings back some GREAT memories!! Always liked that look. Anyways...

I looked in the "Creamer Files" and confirmed (with myself) that the Indians have 1 blue Jersey listed, with silver piping. Wearing these at home would seem a bit odd with white pants. I was wondering if they have another blue jersey with white piping. As far as I can tell, the piping on TV looks silver/gray.

Thanks for the help!

Why would the blue jerseys look strange with white pants? The striping on the white pants is blue-silver-blue, and the piping on the blue jersey is silver.

They use to have 2 blue versions one with "Cleveland" and one with "Indians" on it. I think when they added silver in 2001/2002 [?], they dropped the "Cleveland" version. They had one w/ red piping [cleveland verion] and one with white piping [indians version], now they have really light silver piping [almost white], which is darker looking in the site's image.

Yes, occasionally, they do wear the Blue jersey when they're at both home and road, the gray is a lot more subtle than it looks on the site though. The old version with white piping is almost identicle to the current version.

old versions:

gonzalez_juan0106.jpg

alomar-clev1.jpg

Current version:

lzmLgocA.jpg

mZFjw3QK.jpg

You nailed that explanation LEWJ. Thank you.

Well, they have worn a variation of these ever since the first game at the Jake: 4.3.94 vs. the Pirates.

The vests came in 2002...Sabathia wore the blue a lot at home in 2001, including his playoff start.

On the road:

1994-1997: "Indians" blues...we lost the World Series in these.

1998: Not sure if we wore any alternates

1999-2001 "Cleveland" blues

2002- "Indians" blues w/ the dropshadow nameplates

Thanks all!

Just to clarify: I knew since 1994, when Jacobs Field opened they had a various blue alternates. The pitcher used to decide which jersey to wear. I just don't remember them wearing the blue at home since the "vest" became the home/weekend alternate in '02.

That's why this was a surprise to me. It was like seeing an old friend again!

They use to have 2 blue versions one with "Cleveland" [red piping] and one with "Indians" [white piping] on it. When they added silver in 2002, they dropped the "Cleveland" version. Now they have really light silver piping [almost white], which is darker looking in the site's image.

Yes, the do wear the blue alterntae occasionally [home and road], though, the gray is a lot more subtle than it looks on the site. The old version with white piping is almost identicle to the current version.

old versions:

gonzalez_juan0106.jpg

alomar-clev1.jpg

Current version:

lzmLgocA.jpg

mZFjw3QK.jpg

[Red piping is the best looking one, IMO]

You nailed that explanation LEWJ. Thank you.

No probelm. I love my Tribe. :D

[i'm guessing there's no sarcasm there. :P ]

BROWNS | BUCKEYES | CAVALIERS | INDIANS |

Here we go. This is from the Cleveland Plain Dealer. So, I guess it was a bit of an oddity.

The Indians wore their blue tops at home Tuesday for the first time since 2001. Tribe players asked the front office and clubhouse manager Tony Amato about making the change. Look for them to wear the blue tops on Tuesday and Saturday home games although the starting pitcher can make the final decision. The Indians will still wear their vest uniforms on Sunday and holidays at home.

I love the blue jerseys, I'm so glas to see that they are bringing them back!

by far my favorite jersey they have had in a long time. i do like it with the silver/white stripes. i just wish it still said CLEVELAND on it.

now if they would only bring back the BP unis with Chief wahoo on the chest....oh a guy could only wish huh.

OhioStateBuckeyesLightBanner.png by RoscoeUA

hailtothechief.png by gingerbreadman

Here we go. This is from the Cleveland Plain Dealer. So, I guess it was a bit of an oddity.

The Indians wore their blue tops at home Tuesday for the first time since 2001. Tribe players asked the front office and clubhouse manager Tony Amato about making the change. Look for them to wear the blue tops on Tuesday and Saturday home games although the starting pitcher can make the final decision. The Indians will still wear their vest uniforms on Sunday and holidays at home.

Good. A reduction in the number of times they wear those hideous vests and "I" caps.

I'm definitely more than a bit of a "homer" when it comes to the Indians' uniforms, but it makes me sad to hear people here ganging up on the things I LIKE about the uniforms (the vest alts and I cap, the silver and extra piping on the homes, the smaller chief on the caps) and actually like the thing I hate most about the Tribe uniforms (the blue alts.) I never thought I'd like the uniforms any better than I did during the early Jacobs Field years, but the current set is by far my favorite set during my lifetime. If they would just finally dump those stupid blue jerseys and wear the red bill cap on the road (and dump the all-blue wahoo cap), they would be perfect!

EDIT:

Good. A reduction in the number of times they wear those hideous vests and "I" caps.

Actually, if you read it, it's not. It says "The Indians will still wear their vest uniforms on Sunday and holidays at home" which is exactly what they have done since they introduced the vest uniforms.

indians4.png

"You could put an empty orange helmet on the 50-yard line at Cleveland Browns Stadium and 50,000 fans would show up to stare at it."

-Terry Pluto

Actually, if you read it, it's not. It says "The Indians will still wear their vest uniforms on Sunday and holidays at home" which is exactly what they have done since they introduced the vest uniforms.

Actually it is.... when you remove the Saturday dates.

Hmm, hadn't realized they were doing it on Saturdays. That's what you get when you can only follow games with the live "Gameday" thing on MLB.com, and MLB streaming audio. You tend to lose track of what they wear when. Oh well.

indians4.png

"You could put an empty orange helmet on the 50-yard line at Cleveland Browns Stadium and 50,000 fans would show up to stare at it."

-Terry Pluto

Archived