AOL's "Worst Jersey" List

Pharos04

BOS: Utter disrespect for Red Auerbach. Plus the green merch is popular as hell around these parts. Then again, I may be a tad biased.

PIT: I wholeheartedly agree. Although they may be a little underrated, being the precursor to today's pleothora of alternate uniforms.

TOR: They're awful, but I believe they may have gotten a bit of a bad rap.

NYI: Aw, cmon, these were a thing of beauty in their day.

TB: Once again, much better than their current uniforms, despite the godawful gradients.

HOU Rockets: Fully agree; these are just plain fugly.

PHI: I had never seen those before. But now that I have I want to do this :puke: all over them.

CIN: Lose the white sidestripes and they have some of the nicest in football IMO.

WSH: Not as bad as people make them out to be. Points for creativity!

HOU Astros: U-G-L-Y You ain't got no alibi, you ugly. Yeah yeah you ugly.

BOS Bruins: They nailed it. They are as bad as AOL rates them. Surprise Surprise.

CHW: AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!! *heads for the hills*

SDP: Ridiculous. These are awesome.

ANA: Way underrated

PIT: My eyes burn

ORGN: Not THAT bad..?

DNVR: Gross uhhgh

CLE: *run's toward bathroom*

ATL: Yeah those do not represent a team named the "Hawks" very well.

JLEO: That's not a uniform. It's a polo shirt.

BUCS: Ahhh come on, those weren't that bad. They just go hand in hand with losing.

VAN: [sarcasm] best unis ever [sarcasm/]

Is it just me or does it seem like every major sports Web site in the U.S. takes its turn in recycling this debate once every three or four months? And it's always the usual suspects. Most people don't like the Astros' rainbows, the Canucks' 'V' uniforms, the Padres' brown and yellow, the Indians' red, etc. We get it. Can't these national knuckleheads please find another topic and bring this one back in five years?

Oregon's uniforms before they went to the garbage they have now were actually pretty good, when put with the right combos. Oregon's problem is that they mix and match every thing, and try to be as ugly as possible.

AOL actually got this one right, IMO. Especially the one about the WS between the Orioles and the Pirates. That seriously looked like the College Softball World Series.

Oregon's uniforms before they went to the garbage they have now were actually pretty good, when put with the right combos. Oregon's problem is that they mix and match every thing, and try to be as ugly as possible.

AOL actually got this one right, IMO. Especially the one about the WS between the Orioles and the Pirates. That seriously looked like the College Softball World Series.

Do you mean the "Joey Harrington" era jerseys? Those were actually nice

OregonPoster_mid.jpg

I'm beginning to think that Nike makes them ugly on purpose...

I saw, I came, I left.

I was referring to the ones after Harrington, but I loved the Harrington era jerseys too. It's one of those uniforms where it's so tacky that it works.

This is a pretty good selection.

There are some I disagree with, though. Among them are the Orioles' orange jerseys, the Astros' rainbow jerseys (as AOL says, "Perhaps a classic ...") and the Indians' all-red look (for some reason, I always liked those uniforms).

I pretty much agree with most of the selections, but I really wish the AOL writers would do a little fact-checking before they put these out.

In the Rockets selections, they said Houston won their NBA titles wearing the pajama-like uniforms. Actually, they switched to those the year after they won their second title.

For the Padres, they said the team had owner Ray Kroc to thank for the brown and yellow scheme and the different variations of it through the 1970s. Actually, C. Arnholt Smith, the team's original owner, insisted on the color combo; Kroc didn't buy the team until 1974.

I pretty much agree with most of the selections, but I really wish the AOL writers would do a little fact-checking before they put these out.

In the Rockets selections, they said Houston won their NBA titles wearing the pajama-like uniforms. Actually, they switched to those the year after they won their second title.

For the Padres, they said the team had owner Ray Kroc to thank for the brown and yellow scheme and the different variations of it through the 1970s. Actually, C. Arnholt Smith, the team's original owner, insisted on the color combo; Kroc didn't buy the team until 1974.

Correct, and good point, mpcincal....

Maybe I'm just a child of the 70s; I don't care what anyone else thinks, I STILL think the original Tampa Bay Bucs look was original, cool and was representative of Florida.

It is what it is.

BOS: Utter disrespect for Red Auerbach. Plus the green merch is popular as hell around these parts. Then again, I may be a tad biased.

Still ugly as hell.

Especially given the very classy scheme the Sox usually wear.

The problem was keeping the red undershirts with the green jerseys. If they had worn, for example, green hats with a white B, white jerseys with green letters/numbers trimmed in red and green undershirts, they would have looked awesome.

That being said, I guess they deserve special dispensation given the purpose behind the jerseys. Otherwise, the combination they used just doesn't work.

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

Archived