PR Bearcats

cyandlux

I didnt want to do a style guide thinking that would be a little too presumptuous. Also, they have an interlocking PR logo that is used as a primary logo which would be bumped to secondary status, and the paw would be a third. Also baseball and softball are pretty set in their ways, other sports can use the logo and I designed a few examples of what those would look like. (the first one is soccer, the star represents our 1 league championship that I was a part of)

pr-b11.png

C&C, thoughts, ideas, presentation suggestions, etc. all welcome.

personally, i'm not a fan of the sport specific applications - i think you should find a way to work the sport name into the wordmark application rather than incorporating the ball/megaphone, etc into the application...but that's just my opinion

i also think this latest wordmark is your weakest - the thin white outline is distracting, and the gray area is too boxy - the logo and wordmark need to be connected more effectively, as well

jldesigns404eo.png

if it were me, i would remove the gray outline from the logo and wordmark initially and fit the logo above the wordmark so that the neck is behind the wordmark and the chin is in front of it...THEN i would outline the entire thing with the gray...

jldesigns404eo.png

if it were me, i would remove the gray outline from the logo and wordmark initially and fit the logo above the wordmark so that the neck is behind the wordmark and the chin is in front of it...THEN i would outline the entire thing with the gray...

Yes. That is definately the way to go. You should have a Panther head by iteself. A word mark by itself. And then one logo that has the two combined as stated above. Its a bit more work, but it will look much better. The problem is that the panther head just looks "tacked-on" to the wordmark. The gray outline from the head overlapping the "C" looks shoddy. By doing the above suggestion, it would link the two elements together better.

These are all looking very nice already, but I would really like to see the neck of the cat extend all the way down to the wordmark. Right now it looks like it should be mounted on a lodge cabin wall, but if you make this edit I think it will look like it is actually behind the wordmark and leaning out over it.

LT

Honestly, the logo looks great, but it's so obvious how it's based off the panthers logo. I'm sure you don't really want to change much about it because it looks great now but I think a little tweaking could really make it a unique logo.

Yes, unfortunately the neck became more or less identical to the Panthers, but I feel it is unique enough and works well. I've tried several diferent designs and this one seems to be proven, maybe I will look at it with fresh eyes today.

These are all looking very nice already, but I would really like to see the neck of the cat extend all the way down to the wordmark. Right now it looks like it should be mounted on a lodge cabin wall, but if you make this edit I think it will look like it is actually behind the wordmark and leaning out over it.

LT

the 3rd of these options is the best, and you're very close to what ltravisjr and i have been talking about...i think eliminating the gray area between the wordmark and the cat by extending the neck behind the wordmark will complete the feel that the cat is peering out and over the wordmark, and it will really tie the two together effectively - additionally, you'll lose some of the "panthers knock-off" feel that it currently has - i'd probably tinker with the bottom of the neck on the stand-alone cat a LITTLE, as well

this is getting really close to a really nice id, especially for a high school!

jldesigns404eo.png

Archived