PR Bearcats

cyandlux

I really can't get over the Panthers' neck... Too bad, because I really like the jaw and face.

Have you try just the Head, without the neck?

I also think you need to work on getting the head to blend more into the wordmark.

All in all it's a very good logo, I like those colours to start with...

@Frenchie_TO
Owner of the Rochester Americans of the MLH

Owner of the Toronto Frenchies of the GCFHL6

I think you've hit it with your latest revision. The head and neck mesh with the wordmark nicely now, and for an alt, I like your no-neck version. I have no suggestions for any further improvements. Great work - the effort has paid off!

LT

i'm with ltravisjr...these revisions are fantastic

i'm still not sold on using the ball in the sport-specific marks...in both of your examples, the ball is distracting - it competes with your primary logo/wordmark, and i'm left wondering what happened to the rest of the ball or why paso robles plays with baseballs which have been cut in half :) - i think the mark is strong enough without the ball imagery

this will be an OUTSTANDING high school identity package...fantastic work!

jldesigns404eo.png

i like it all except for the Main logo's wordmark, it looks very uninspired and generic.

I mean, it is Arial Black......I never said it wasn't. You're dealing with a small town here and I dont want to rock the boat, so I used something that was solid and not at all very "modern."

Heres a rejected wordmark...

oth-wrdmk.png

I'm going to have to disagree with the masses and say that I like the simple wordmark. I think it does a great job complementing the logo, not competing with it. Even standing alone, the wordmark is going to be better than at least 99% of what other high schools use, assuming that they even have a standard wordmark.

BTW, does anyone know what the hell a bearcat is?

I once had a car but I crashed it. I once had a guitar but I smashed it. I once, wait where am I going with this?

the rejected one is 10x better...but im not saying it has to be crazily detailed or anything, i think something simple with like a block font would work perfect

kCkLFSX.pngWGUTHKC.pngnbweR1j.png

ʎɐqǝ uo pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ɐ ʎnq ı ǝɯıʇ ʇsɐן ǝɥʇ sı sıɥʇ

I like the use of Arial as well. It is actually kind of refreshing. As much as anyone would like to say it is over used, I think it has been underused as a result. While it may not be 100% original/creative it is classic for sure.

Heres the other.....

oth-wormrkprim.png

PS I am this {} tempted to turn it in with no wordmark and both heads...they can choose, basically theyre going to choose anyway. Id rather give them a choice and have them approve it then no choice at all and reject it.

i'd rather give them a choice and have them approve it than no choice at all and reject it.

that's a terrible attitude. have confidence in your abilities and your ideas, and if you already do, then show it! let the client know you have that confidence in what you produce. if you give them more than one version, they will always pick the one you hate. show them that you know what works and what doesn't; what looks good and what looks amateurish. if they're smart, they'll realize that they should trust the dude who knows what he's doing. if not, sell it to someone else. p.s. use helvetica instead of arial if you're going that route.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

Archived