West Point visit inspired Ducks new colours

Legion

Well slap me thrice and hand me to me mama! I stand corrected.

ummm... that's what HE said? :blink:

If you want to make sense of the reference... watch Pirates 3. Such an entertaining movie.

Keira Knightly = future British wife.

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well slap me thrice and hand me to me mama! I stand corrected.

ummm... that's what HE said? :blink:

If you want to make sense of the reference... watch Pirates 3. Such an entertaining movie.

Keira Knightly = future British wife.

Who? Me? Make sense? :upside:

I saw, I came, I left.

Yes, the Ducks crest has a silver threaded outline to it.

In all honesty, I thought the reason why Burke chose the gold color they use is because it is the exact same shade as the Canadian $1 coin.

(Now known here as the Lucky Loonie.)

--Roger "Time?" Clemente.

champssig2.png
Follow me on Twitter if you care: @Animal_Clans.

My opinion may or may not be the same as yours. The choice is up to you.

I'm confused...aren't the Packer colors Green and Yellow?

If the Packers are Orange, then so must be the Steelers, Redskins, Vikings, Chiefs, Cardinals (beak), and Chargers.

B)

I'm confused...aren't the Packer colors Green and Yellow?

If the Packers are Orange, then so must be the Steelers, Redskins, Vikings, Chiefs, Cardinals (beak), and Chargers.

B)

Time to recalibrate my monitor....

Not only are you confused, but also not very observant and on top of that you apparently have never watched a late-season game(or sometimes mid-season) at Lambeau Field. The fans in attendance wear their warmest winter gear, which many times also happens to be their hunting clothes.

The joke amongst Vikings fans is that the Packers are changing their colors to blaze orange and black so they can match their fans.

Myself I've often wondered what the word logo would look like on the shoulders and the giant D would look like on the front. There's just a tad too much white for me on the road jerseys and I'd love to see some shoulder patches. This jersey instantly became one of my favorites after I saw what it looked like. In some ways it reminds me of the old black Canucks skate logo jersey that I loved as a kid.

My feelings exactly.

I'd like to see a large, iconic logo on the front. The webbed foot "D" or an illustration of a duck or duck head on the front and the wordmark then placed on the shoulders.

A jersey with no shoulder logos, stripes or just a coloration, like Montreal's white jerseys, to me usually looks way to blank, like a glorified practice jersey. A look through this year's jersey sets will show nearly every one has one of those elements in place and those that don't usually have stripes on the arm much closer to the shoulders than way down at the wrists. A couple of years ago when the Canucks added the rink logos to their shoulders, I thought that was a nice improvement.

Really, take the name and numbers off a Ducks jersey and all you are left with is some stripes waaaaaaaaay down a the bottom of the arms and waist. That's a lot of unused space dying for something interesting to be happening.

HansonsSig.jpg

Click here to read Third String Goalie - The Hockey Jersey of the Day Blog

Click here to see my hockey and baseball jersey collection online

?You don?t like to see 20 kids punching 20 other kids. But it?s not a disgrace, It?s hockey.? - Michael Farber

Myself I've often wondered what the word logo would look like on the shoulders and the giant D would look like on the front. There's just a tad too much white for me on the road jerseys and I'd love to see some shoulder patches. This jersey instantly became one of my favorites after I saw what it looked like. In some ways it reminds me of the old black Canucks skate logo jersey that I loved as a kid.

My feelings exactly.

I'd like to see a large, iconic logo on the front. The webbed foot "D" or an illustration of a duck or duck head on the front and the wordmark then placed on the shoulders.

A jersey with no shoulder logos, stripes or just a coloration, like Montreal's white jerseys, to me usually looks way to blank, like a glorified practice jersey. A look through this year's jersey sets will show nearly every one has one of those elements in place and those that don't usually have stripes on the arm much closer to the shoulders than way down at the wrists. A couple of years ago when the Canucks added the rink logos to their shoulders, I thought that was a nice improvement.

Really, take the name and numbers off a Ducks jersey and all you are left with is some stripes waaaaaaaaay down a the bottom of the arms and waist. That's a lot of unused space dying for something interesting to be happening.

I tend to think they might be going to the "D" on the front. I think I have that feeling just from seeing all the merchandise with just the "D" these days. When I got my Ducks home jersey, I love it, but there is wayyy too much space. The numbers on the jersey look great IMO, but if you don't have the numbers on the jersey...the blank space is a little too much.

I agree with you on the Canucks jerseys, I loved it when they added the stick and rink to their shoulders.

One team that made a switch I liked, was the Kings. When they made the crown the main crest and used the shield on the shoulders, I thought that was a great improvement. I'm still not too big on the Los Angeles across the waist. I miss their old black and silver jerseys though.

Stars-NorthStarsJerseys.png

Not only are you confused, but also not very observant and on top of that you apparently have never watched a late-season game(or sometimes mid-season) at Lambeau Field. The fans in attendance wear their warmest winter gear, which many times also happens to be their hunting clothes.

The joke amongst Vikings fans is that the Packers are changing their colors to blaze orange and black so they can match their fans.

Sorry, I'm usually too busy observing my Bears dominate the division and playoffs to take any notice of what Packer fans are doing. When you're a Bears fan, late season games don't really mean much since we tend to clinch early.

Archived