Kansas Changes

bri1275

Big rumors that seem to have legs say that KU will be using the trajan font on all athletic uniforms. That means a big change for their traditional "western" style font on their basketball uniforms. Football is apparently making the change as well. Volley ball and soccer have already made the switch.

1126428.jpeg

What do you guys think? I'm not too sure how it will look on a football jersey.

Big rumors that seem to have legs say that KU will be using the trajan font on all athletic uniforms. That means a big change for their traditional "western" style font on their basketball uniforms. Football is apparently making the change as well. Volley ball and soccer have already made the switch.

1126428.jpeg

What do you guys think? I'm not too sure how it will look on a football jersey.

What is worse is the red jersey with the blue spandex. Bad look for the volleyball team.

Edit>This picture is from last years match vs. Colorado.

The sad thing is, the athletic department is pissed about the changes, but the academic wing is pushing through regardless. Chancellor BOOB Hemenway has continually disappointed his fanbase and alumni, you don't mess with tradition. KU has had a western style font on the basketball jerseys every year since roughly 1986. :censored:

rush.png

Clipboard03.jpg

The sad thing is, the athletic department is pissed about the changes, but the academic wing is pushing through regardless. Chancellor BOOB Hemenway has continually disappointed his fanbase and alumni, you don't mess with tradition. KU has had a western style font on the basketball jerseys every year since roughly 1986. :censored:

Actually, Coach Self and the basketball offices apparently really don't have a problem with the change. Most of the noise is from football because the font simply doesn't look good on the football uniforms. They are still working on trying to make the numbers bolder for the football jerseys, so we'll have to wait and see what they ultimately come up with.

Sad.

I've loved what they've had over the years.

Seems to me (although it might just be lighting, etc) they used to have more of a deep royal blue a decade or so ago, which I also preferred.

Maybe I'm just imagining that. Can any KU'ers confirm?

"Old folks"

scorepics-ca.jpg

Actually, Coach Self and the basketball offices apparently really don't have a problem with the change. Most of the noise is from football because the font simply doesn't look good on the football uniforms. They are still working on trying to make the numbers bolder for the football jerseys, so we'll have to wait and see what they ultimately come up with.

If this is the case, then that program really has gone to shirt since Roy left.

Sad.

I've loved what they've had over the years.

Seems to me (although it might just be lighting, etc) they used to have more of a deep royal blue a decade or so ago, which I also preferred.

Maybe I'm just imagining that. Can any KU'ers confirm?

Depends on which team. Football was using navy blue for a while but a couple of years ago, there was a mandate that every team should use the same shade of blue, which was the shade used by the majority of teams at KU anyway. I can't recall if any other team varied from the royal blue shade.

Give NIKE or any of those other companies enough time and they'll ruin just about anything.

Nike or adidas in this case have nothing to do with this. This is all the demands of the academic institution. Then is one time you can't place blame on the apparel company.

Give NIKE or any of those other companies enough time and they'll ruin just about anything.

Nike or adidas in this case have nothing to do with this. This is all the demands of the academic institution. Then is one time you can't place blame on the apparel company.

Silly me....and this whole time I thought ALL uniform atrocities were due impart to apparel companies. ^_^

Archived