ducks using "D" logo next season?

bowld

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If they're superstitious, they won't be touching the jersey. (Other than the pre-requisite EDGE fabric conversion.)

I also doubt that will be the final Stanley Cup banner. There was probably a similar one raised in Ottawa that was red in color, waiting to be unfurled (but now will not).

--Roger "Time?" Clemente.

check it out..they use the "D" on there banner. you think they had to cause the words were 2 small or is this a sign of whats to come next yr?

GO DUCKS!!!

74428840.jpg

I doubt that this will be used. Look at the banner closely. It has some copyright stuff in the bottom left corner.

check it out..they use the "D" on there banner. you think they had to cause the words were 2 small or is this a sign of whats to come next yr?

GO DUCKS!!!

74428840.jpg

And no one is mentioning the large amount of orange on that banner. I'd love to see the Ducks use more orange, It's barly even in their current color scheme except for the tiny drop shadow on the logo.

there is no way thats the banner. teams make there own banners, not the nhl. plus they have 3 months till opening night and raising the banner. knowing how superstitious the hockey world is i would think it would be way bad luck to not only design but produce a championship banner before winning it.

I think they've finally started to figure out that the D is just as representative if not more than the wordmark, and also that it fits in places where the wordmark can't be seen such as when it is shrunken down like on NHL.com. I like the wordmark on the front of the jerseys, but I think the D would make a perfect shoulder patch.

The new uniforms have grown on me, but I couldn't help but think that it would have been so much cooler if they raised the cup wearing the old purple and teal.

I couldn't help but think that it would have been so much cooler if they raised the cup wearing the old purple and teal.

I tend to agree. I miss the old primary logo and the new set just doesn't really do anything for me.

bad idea to change uniforms. no team in the major 4 sports have ever won a repeat title after changing looks.

Not to hijack this thread, but how many teams have changed uniforms the year after winning a championship? That would be a fun list to work on. I can think of a few teams in recent memory...Pittsburgh Penguins, Houston Rockets, St. Louis Rams.

The 'D' logo isn't that much more interesting then the 'Ducks' wordmark. The main problem is that the 'D' logo by itself isn't very interesting in the middle of an all white or black background. Maybe they should take a page from the Canadiens and put somekind of stripe element in the middle of the jersey with the 'D' logo in or on it. I don't know, just a thought. I just don't see using the 'D' logo over the wordmark as being a huge upgrade from what they have now.

Doesn't anyone remember the ducks logo that was leaked here a few months before they unveiled the new logo set.

It was sort of thrasher-ish, with a duck in profile. It was taken on a camera phone by a messenger service supposedly.

Dig up that thread and familiarize yourself with that logo.

bad idea to change uniforms. no team in the major 4 sports have ever won a repeat title after changing looks.

Wrong. The Denver Broncos won back-to-back super bowls in their first two years of their new uniforms.

Doesn't anyone remember the ducks logo that was leaked here a few months before they unveiled the new logo set.

It was sort of thrasher-ish, with a duck in profile. It was taken on a camera phone by a messenger service supposedly.

Dig up that thread and familiarize yourself with that logo.

I remember that logo. Though I liked it, I believe we later found out it was being used as a decoy (pardon the pun.)

Archived