New Unis and Championships

cranium

I'm pretty surprised no one mentioned the Patriots yet. This one is the MOST interesting in my opinion. They went away from the bent over Patriot guy to the silver and royal blue scheme, made the Super Bowl shortly there after (first time in a decade or so) and lost. Then they changed to the silver and NAVY and the rest is history. Guess its all in the correct SHADE of the colors and not just the colors themselves....actually I believe none of that stuff personally seeing that uniforms don't win or lose championships, players do....but this is a logo board isn't it?

I'm pretty surprised no one mentioned the Patriots yet. This one is the MOST interesting in my opinion. They went away from the bent over Patriot guy to the silver and royal blue scheme, made the Super Bowl shortly there after (first time in a decade or so) and lost. Then they changed to the silver and NAVY and the rest is history. Guess its all in the correct SHADE of the colors and not just the colors themselves....actually I believe none of that stuff personally seeing that uniforms don't win or lose championships, players do....but this is a logo board isn't it?

If you're going by the exact year, it took a few years with the flying Elvis logo before they made the Super Bowl, and it was also the 2nd year of the navy jerseys or navy pants set when the won the Super Bowl.

1993 - new logo

1996/97 - lost Super Bowl

2000 - switched to navy

2001/02 - won Super Bowl

As far as teams Making it to the championship games didn't the Knicks have thier new blue trim home unis the year they lost to the spurs in 99?

Also does any one know any teams that won the championship after a coaching, trade, change?

The one I remember is that the White Sox won the World Series in 05 in Ozzie's second year

As for coaching changes, the New Jersey Devils fired the head coach (Robbie Ftorek) and went on to win the Cup in 2000 with Larry Robinson behind the bench. Sadly, the Devils did the same thing this year (fired their coach Claude Julian) with 3 regular season games left, and lost to Ottawa in 5 games (I was at the final game at the Meadowlands..with GM Loe Lamoriello behind the bench....so for the 2nd straight year the Devils lost a coach mid season...either by firing him or personal issues and went on to lose in the 2nd round of the playoffs)

-Carl

Also, in 2003 the Marlins fired Jeff Torberg in midseason and replaced him with Jack McKeon, and wound up winning the World Series later that season....

Actually, the Pats didn't make the superbowl until a good three years after the flying elvis logo was introduced. (92 to 96)

EDIT: fjm beat me to, and with more detail.

The stars won the cup in 99 in there allstar template alts/roads, then switched full time to the allstar temps then lost the cup the next season and haven't won it since.

didn't the ravens win the super bowl that year they switched to the current raven set.

islandersscroll.gif

Spoilers!

As far as teams Making it to the championship games didn't the Knicks have thier new blue trim home unis the year they lost to the spurs in 99?

Also does any one know any teams that won the championship after a coaching, trade, change?

The one I remember is that the White Sox won the World Series in 05 in Ozzie's second year

As for coaching changes, the New Jersey Devils fired the head coach (Robbie Ftorek) and went on to win the Cup in 2000 with Larry Robinson behind the bench. Sadly, the Devils did the same thing this year (fired their coach Claude Julian) with 3 regular season games left, and lost to Ottawa in 5 games (I was at the final game at the Meadowlands..with GM Loe Lamoriello behind the bench....so for the 2nd straight year the Devils lost a coach mid season...either by firing him or personal issues and went on to lose in the 2nd round of the playoffs)

-Carl

Also, in 2003 the Marlins fired Jeff Torberg in midseason and replaced him with Jack McKeon, and wound up winning the World Series later that season....

That was also the same season the Marlins got rid of the teal and vests in favor of all black...so technically that fits the description. You could also sort of count colleges. Nike has a new template almost every year, so some team with a new uniform wins the championship.

Maybe now that the Chargers changed their unis this year they'll win the Super Bowl. The Sabres were pretty successful with their uniform change this year too.

"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be eaten. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must outrun the slowest gazelle or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle. When the sun comes up, you'd better be running." - Unknown | 🌐 Check out my articles on jerseys at Bacon Sports 🔗
spacer.png

The leafs did after 67 and have not even made it back to the finals yet :cry:

"Cat Eyes" - Josh

Actually they did before the 1967 playoffs, and won the Cup.

Sorry my bad. I just remembered the 1967 part...

"Cat Eyes" - Josh

ogopr90c4s7q4ez68ga7vhbyh.gifv7xqqsng0c3badvnm9i4e3oca.gif8sg7h2ns8fixo1yqzakt0uvwb.gif

Archived