Super Bowl XXXI Ring for Sale

gueman

Ok...we often bitch and moan about fake jerseys on e-bay. But this takes the cake...

Superbowl xxxi ring

1) Not a real Superbowl Ring

2) Not real gold..not even 14K

3) Not real diamonds

I could see paying maybe $50 for this as a trinket...but $1699.

But then again, no one has bid on it either.

pissinonbobsmall.jpg

Giving money and power to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys.

P. J. O'Rourke

I cannot imagine that the bidders think this is real, particuarly since it has Favre's name on it. But then again, if they know it's not real, why pay that kind of money for it?

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

To quote:

"ALL 118 STONES ARE PRONG SET IN PRECIOUS METAL AND BLING AND SPARKEL'S."

Now I want to buy it! Set in "bling" as "sparkel's"!?!?! WOW!

Unless you are dealing with Jacob the Jeweler, if "bling" is used as a selling point, don't trust them.

Those rings are usually salesman's samples. The ring companies use them to show to clients. It's not at all unusual for a player's name to be on the ring. If it is a salesman's sample they aren't that easy to get and they're never cheap. You'll see them on Ebay and they always go for over a grand. They are actually a collector's item. Those rings are usually dead on replicas of the real thing. So the guy that got it isn't quite the fool we think he is.

BB52Big.jpg

Those rings are usually salesman's samples. The ring companies use them to show to clients. It's not at all unusual for a player's name to be on the ring. If it is a salesman's sample they aren't that easy to get and they're never cheap. You'll see them on Ebay and they always go for over a grand. They are actually a collector's item. Those rings are usually dead on replicas of the real thing. So the guy that got it isn't quite the fool we think he is.

OK fair enough. But if that is the case wouldn't the add describe it as such. And I have seen salesman samples on e-bay as well and while they are samples they are also of excellent quality. It wouldn't make much sense for a company to make a half ass sample, and say to the customer, "Well your's will be better". Sure it wouldn't be 18k gold and diamonds, but it would be the best quality the customer could produce. Just look at the close ups of the ring. The stones look like kidney stones, and the metal work looks like the cheap crap my 4 year old plays with. This is just a piece of junk.

pissinonbobsmall.jpg

Giving money and power to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys.

P. J. O'Rourke

OK fair enough. But if that is the case wouldn't the add describe it as such. And I have seen salesman samples on e-bay as well and while they are samples they are also of excellent quality. It wouldn't make much sense for a company to make a half ass sample, and say to the customer, "Well your's will be better". Sure it wouldn't be 18k gold and diamonds, but it would be the best quality the customer could produce. Just look at the close ups of the ring. The stones look like kidney stones, and the metal work looks like the cheap crap my 4 year old plays with. This is just a piece of junk.

I didn't really take a close look at it. Upon further review the ring looks like the guy made it himself.

BB52Big.jpg

Archived