Atlanta Hawks to be completely re-branded in 07-08

2mr41h

I'm not going to say too much, but there will NOT be any Powder/Light/Columbia Blue in this new design.

And believe me - this is NOT a retro-look. Anything but.

Please, just tell me they're not going for the Houston Rockets PJs look.

Please?

Welcome to DrunjFlix

• Replies 307
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm not going to say too much, but there will NOT be any Powder/Light/Columbia Blue in this new design.

Please?

I think they should go with Lammy's Wyoming Marinerzzzz logo.

It's timelss.

Please?

I think they should go with Lammy's Wyoming Marinerzzzz logo.

It's timelss.

Universal, really. It crosses over all sports.

So, what's this about the Hawks moving to Wyoming?

Welcome to DrunjFlix

Hey all - just talked with an Atlanta Spirit rep this week at a local event. Asked him about any new branding efforts for the Hawks or Thrashers. He said (obviously) that the Thrashers would be getting the new Rbk jerseys and threw in that the Hawks were being completely re-branded. New logo, new jerseys, you name it. They're bringing back the blue from the Hawks' early days and pairing it with the red and white.

I'll reserve judgement until I see it. It'll be interesting to see if they can pull off red/white/blue in a way that's different from the L.A. Clippers and Detroit Pistons.

as a Hawks fan (I know one of 4) I hope they do this. they will keep the yellow htough. so it would be red yellow, blue and then white and black (cause everyone has white and black) I want to make a concept that isn't striaght horrible. I guarantee the Blue will be about the trime though. not the actual main jersey. it would be like red with yellow and blue trim and hte logo re-design is long overdue

now you got me all excited...

I'm thinking that they will go with colors along the lines of the Thrashers' home jersey.

It was already stated that it won't be any sort of light blue shade.

The color change will be more different than the logo/jersey change, if that makes sense.

It'll all be unveiled.......

....before the next regular season starts.

I agree, with the above mentioned post, teams should stop rebranding, why don't the players just play naked!!!

That would be too harmful for my eye to bare...How about Shirts vs. Skins? lol

I agree, with the above mentioned post, teams should stop rebranding, why don't the players just play naked!!!

The white guys will really be at a disadvantage.....

Yao would be in the most trouble though.

MegatronSig2.jpg

The white guys will really be at a disadvantage.....

Absolutely correct. They simply wouldn't be able to hang with the other players, and would eventually come up short.

Welcome to DrunjFlix

I'm thinking that they will go with colors along the lines of the Thrashers' home jersey.

The color change will be more different than the logo/jersey change, if that makes sense.

...before the next regular season starts.

um the thrashers home is a dark blue

Everyone needs to stop rebranding every damn 3 years.

the HAwks haven't rebranded since the change from the pac man to the current in the early 90s.

the HAwks haven't rebranded since the change from the pac man to the current in the early 90s.

They had 4 uniforms in the 90's. The pac man logo, the next one was during the mookie blalock years with a diagnol script, then the gradient jerseys with the giant hawk in the middle, then the currents got introduced in 1999. So its been 8 years.

Thrashers home is light blue

79.gif3079.gif474.gif7192.gif

Tigercopy.png

Thrashers home is light blue

Yeah they changed this season sir.

Archived