Atlanta Hawks to be completely re-branded in 07-08

2mr41h

• Replies 307
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is from Hawks.com

jersey_inside_062207.jpg

That's a good look right there. I have no clue who that guy is or anyone else on their roster. There's somehting to be said for truth in advertising.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

It'll also be in the Sunday edition of the AJC.

I'll run some scans of that if I happen to get on before the unveiling.

Flame, what time does the ajc sunday edition usually show up online? Saturday night maybe?

The early print edition of the Sunday AJC can sometimes be found in my small Alabama town as early as late Friday night... I'll keep an eye out tonight and tomorrow to see if the uniform is included in the early print editions.

I have to say, I don't like these new uniforms. I mean plain red, with a giant off-center yellow question mark on the front?

Needs more stripes.

Stupid RBK Edge template.

Does anybody notice the negative space in the question mark looks kind of like Bert's nose from Sesame Street? I bet they intentionally did that to appeal to all the gay people in Atlanta.

It'll also be in the Sunday edition of the AJC.

I'll run some scans of that if I happen to get on before the unveiling.

Flame, what time does the ajc sunday edition usually show up online? Saturday night maybe?

The early print edition of the Sunday AJC can sometimes be found in my small Alabama town as early as late Friday night... I'll keep an eye out tonight and tomorrow to see if the uniform is included in the early print editions.

It should be out tommorrow in some stores. I'll probably have to pick one up from the Wal-Mart (if I'm not at the doctors/hospital/under the knife.) :P

I can understand spicing up the unis, but I don't think there is a thing wrong with the Hawks current logo package.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Dr. Kelso: My son is a big baseball fan. Not so much playing it, but more the designing and sewing of uniforms.

Tyler: That's neat.

Dr. Kelso: No, it's not.

I can understand spicing up the unis, but I don't think there is a thing wrong with the Hawks current logo package.

I actually don't see too much wrong with the uniforms. They are clean, elegant, and well represent an NBA team. The real problem with the Hawks is a decade of administrative incompetence and a total lack of on-the-court direction. The players stink, the coaches stink, and the city has given up on the franchise. Make all the cosmetic changes you want, but new uniforms won't make the team any good.

I know that is better left to the Sports in General section, but I think it's especially true in the Hawks' case. There are many more NBA teams in need of a sprucing up, and when a team looks basically as professional and presentable as the Hawks do, tweaking here and there won't put butts in the seats. Winning will.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Well I hear ya there.

Maybe they want to get people interested.

The only good thing about a bad franchise is that it will get good draft picks.

The hawks for a few season have been in the top 5, this year, they have 3rd pick.

Just like the blazers, I think in a few seasons they'll have a good team.

Also, to get back on track with logos.

We all know that the Hawks are changing now. What surprises me is that no one has noticed the other change.

I didn't want to say anything, but it's all over their site, it has been for a month or so now. In fact, when the playoffs started.

So, I want to see if anyone has spotted it.

A few hints:

-Team made the playoffs

-Only a slight color change, but it's a change non the less.

- Is very easy to spot if you go on their site

Also, to get back on track with logos.

We all know that the Hawks are changing now. What surprises me is that no one has noticed the other change.

I didn't want to say anything, but it's all over their site, it has been for a month or so now. In fact, when the playoffs started.

So, I want to see if anyone has spotted it.

A few hints:

-Team made the playoffs

-Only a slight color change, but it's a change non the less.

- Is very easy to spot if you go on their site

They didn't make the playoffs, but if you go to the sixers site, it has red as the primary with blue as the seccondary color with very little black.

It might be just me, but if you go to the Nets site, the navy looks black.

Everyone loves a roundel.

Archived