NHL to expand?

Ez Street

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why would you retract a team that once won 4 straight Stanley Cups?

He also wants to relocate a team that has had strong support despite being terrible their entire existence and were one of the few profitable teams before the lockout.

Obviously none of what I want to happen will EVER happen - Preds to Hamilton is a stretch right now, too.

The reason I want the Islanders gone is the same reason I want the Devils and Flyers gone. They all suck. At least it feels good when the Rangers beat the Devils or Flyers. It's become so routine with the Islanders since 1987, that it's not even funny anymore. I just feel bad for them that they're still in the league.

Oh, and I hate the Panthers and Jackets jerseys. If the Panthers move to KC, they'll change them. If the Jackets retract, then I won't have to hear about people who call themselves "Jackets fans." It sounds ridiculous, and there's nothing to be a fan about.

So in other words, you only want these teams retracted becasue you don't like them. You have no rational basis for your statement

Well, it's rational to me, and that's what's important.

Also, I think Charles Wang should buy the New Jersey Devils. Two years ago, I would've said the Flyers, but they're doing a pretty good job of tanking themselves...maybe they could hire Milbury to complete the equation.

Oh, and the reason I haven't included the Pittsburgh Penguins in the equation is because I am in love with Sidney Crosby.

Spoiler

New York Rangers. Stanley Cup Champions - 1928, 1933, 1940, 1994. Saskatchewan. Cold. 1905-2022.

He also wants to relocate a team that has had strong support despite being terrible their entire existence and were one of the few profitable teams before the lockout.

Obviously none of what I want to happen will EVER happen - Preds to Hamilton is a stretch right now, too.

The reason I want the Islanders gone is the same reason I want the Devils and Flyers gone. They all suck. At least it feels good when the Rangers beat the Devils or Flyers. It's become so routine with the Islanders since 1987, that it's not even funny anymore. I just feel bad for them that they're still in the league.

Oh, and I hate the Panthers and Jackets jerseys. If the Panthers move to KC, they'll change them. If the Jackets retract, then I won't have to hear about people who call themselves "Jackets fans." It sounds ridiculous, and there's nothing to be a fan about.

So in other words, you only want these teams retracted becasue you don't like them. You have no rational basis for your statement

Also, I think Charles Wang should buy the New Jersey Devils. Two years ago, I would've said the Flyers, but they're doing a pretty good job of tanking themselves...maybe they could hire Milbury to complete the equation.

Oh, and the reason I haven't included the Pittsburgh Penguins in the equation is because I am in love with Sidney Crosby.

You sir, are highly unintelligent. Let's get rid of the Flyers, Devils, and Islanders bCuz i H8 them LOLZZZ!!!1. i dunno, makes cents 2 me!

Yeah, your realignments make sense to you, so they must be right. I bet 2 + 2 = 5 to you so that must be right too.

-E.A.R.

You sir, are highly unintelligent. Let's get rid of the Flyers, Devils, and Islanders bCuz i H8 them LOLZZZ!!!1. i dunno, makes cents 2 me!

Yeah, your realignments make sense to you, so they must be right. I bet 2 + 2 = 5 to you so that must be right too.

-E.A.R.

I don't know what any of that really means.

Spoiler

New York Rangers. Stanley Cup Champions - 1928, 1933, 1940, 1994. Saskatchewan. Cold. 1905-2022.

It means that your reasons suck

Oh.

Well, ok.

How about instead of the Isles folding or being retracted or moving, they become the Rangers' farm team. That way, everybody's happy, and the calibre of play the Isles pump out every year would be league-appropriate (move them to the echl).

Also, the Devils need a new logo.

Spoiler

Oh.

Well, ok.

How about instead of the Isles folding or being retracted or moving, they become the Rangers' farm team. That way, everybody's happy, and the calibre of play the Isles pump out every year would be league-appropriate (move them to the echl).

Tell the truth. You've taken a few shots to the temple, haven't you?

Welcome to DrunjFlix

Oh.

Well, ok.

Tell the truth. You've taken a few shots to the temple, haven't you?

It also shows that he must have been asleep for the past seven seasons (prior to this one) when the Rags failed to make the playoffs and stunk up the New York hockey scene.

Getting back on topic... Ahem...

Apparently the rumor about NHL expansion is far more than meets the eye. SBJ's reporting that would-be ownership groups from a number of cities have expressed interest in acquiring an expansion franchise, and that the league's Board of Governors will be asked to 'provide direction' as to what course any discussions might take.

Interesting.

nav-logo.png

Archived