Ottawa Senators Rebranding

GFB

Awesome concept. I really enjoy the jerseys. The only things I can say that bother me are his eye, it just doesn't look right, experiment with different styles of eye. And the high-light on the red mane part of his helmet is too thick, if it was a little thinner, it would look more like a high-light and less dominant. Otherwise, in my opinion, fantastic.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As a die-hard Leafs fan, I despise this concept. :P

But as an overall sports fan, I love it, especially the red jersey. Maybe that's because I have a tendency to prefer red hockey jerseys, though I don't know why.

The primary logo is beautiful, except I don't really like the eye, something there bothers me, but I can't point out what.

Wade-sig.png

I'm not liking the color offsets. I see what you were going for there but that white just makes it look like a printing error.

I'm also not down with the wordmark. The font is too modern, the Senators are playing up the roman angle and they need a wordmark that evokes that. A Goudy type font. Something classical yet still modern.

And I'm not feeling the alternate logo at all.

Something is bothering be about the number panel on the third jersey, (continue the stripes?), but other than that, these uniforms look freaking awesome.

As for the Thrashers, anything is an improvement over the one sleeve writing. Make them classy as you continue to do for everyone else.

I think for the thrashers the baby blue should be taken right out. They should kinda go more on the route of creating a brand. Perhaps a simple jersey with a creative touch. Also I would like to seem them get a more effective alt logo. Also to me thrasher sounds very tough and harsh so there brand should be more like that.

Thats my opinions on the thrashers set.

"Cat Eyes" - Josh

ogopr90c4s7q4ez68ga7vhbyh.gifv7xqqsng0c3badvnm9i4e3oca.gif8sg7h2ns8fixo1yqzakt0uvwb.gif

Nothing new to contribute, just great work as usual. I can't wait to see what you come up with for Cagary and Chicago. Calgary because I think it's damn near impossible to improve on what they have as a logo now and Chicago because I think you might actually do a concept so good that would get the Hawks' faithful (all 20 that are left :D ) to willingly hand over the indian-head sweater.

I absolutely LOVE the 3rd alt jersey!

Oh man, I hate the sens but those jerseys are classy and amazing. The striping is unseen before and would be completely original. If I was a sens fan id buy one in a second. instant classic. nice job dude.

Excellent work. I agree that something about the face is "off"... I can't pinpoint it though. Also in the wordmark, the wings on the second "S" in "SENATORS" needs to go. A plain letter "S" would look much cleaner. The quasi-barberpole sweater... out-f'ing-standing.

amazing looking jerseys...

some tweaking on the main logo would be needed and the "S" ..

overall, incredible, this beats what they have now..

someone should send this to ottawa...they could maybe buy it off u.

Excellent work. I agree that something about the face is "off"... I can't pinpoint it though. Also in the wordmark, the wings on the second "S" in "SENATORS" needs to go. A plain letter "S" would look much cleaner. The quasi-barberpole sweater... out-f'ing-standing.

I'll agree with this assessment wholeheartedly. The 2nd "S" makes the wordmark a little overwrought, but make it wingless and everything would be fine.

As for the concept... no complaints whatsoever. Good stuff all the way 'round. My only suggestion would be to make a number font that matches up better with the wordmark you designed, but the standard NHL Varsity numbers work well enough.

Bravo. Again.

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

Just a note that in the Sens' current primary logo the "wing" bits on the left of the logo are meant to suggest the centurion's cape. The lowest of the three continues underneath the helmet crest onto the shoulder.

This make the bits of cape on the concept's "S" shield a little strange to me, for some reason. Otherwise, I like the concept, except for the cartoony look to the centurion's face.

I can't seem to start my own thread, so I'll reply here if that's OK. I didn't see any rules in the FAQ about editing existing photos, so I took the Crosby promo photo from the all-star game to do a white jersey. I wanted to incorporate the barberpoles a little bit. I like it better in the Crosby shot than the Heatley photo I doctored. I'm still trying to figure out Photoshop, so please bear with the roughness.

Any suggestions are welcome.

1247446798c5106925.jpg

1247446798c3cc5c8a.jpg

1247446798c17ea6c5.jpg

I'll add in a red one I did, but I'm not really happy with it. Party because of the shade of red and my newness to Photoshop...

1247445c16894ad0ea.jpg

This was all right, but I think your NYI and Boston designs were better and more creative. The new main crest seems a bit too cartoonish, and doesn't look as nice as their current 2D logo. The striping seems a little odd as well, and I think you could have used more gold.

On the alternate, I like the idea of using a faded barberpole pattern. That was clever, and the only issue I have with the execution of it is that square of plain red behind the player number.

Archived