Ottawa Senators Rebranding

GFB

I can't seem to start my own thread, so I'll reply here if that's OK. I didn't see any rules in the FAQ about editing existing photos, so I took the Crosby promo photo from the all-star game to do a white jersey. I wanted to incorporate the barberpoles a little bit. I like it better in the Crosby shot than the Heatley photo I doctored. I'm still trying to figure out Photoshop, so please bear with the roughness.

Any suggestions are welcome.

1247446798c5106925.jpg

1247446798c3cc5c8a.jpg

1247446798c17ea6c5.jpg

I'll add in a red one I did, but I'm not really happy with it. Party because of the shade of red and my newness to Photoshop...

1247445c16894ad0ea.jpg

Damn. I'd just finished something similar to that a few hours ago but hadn't posted it.

As for GFB's concept, I can't say I like your new primary over their current logo, but the seconday logos, wordmark and jerseys are great. I'm not sure if it's the face or what, it's just not like their current logo.

Good work.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

based off ghettofarmboys designs. and the rumours that both logos will still e used. I cam up with these color patterns...

THe white being that the black arms are classic sens jersey flair..

And the home eing that snce scotiabank took over I think they will play up the Be Red thing for a while to come and would like homes to still remain red...

sens21.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

First of all, good job on all of your concepts. But one thing that really hit me as soon as I saw it the primary logo was that the profile of the senator. The Romans were well known for their straight, flat profiles (like the Greeks I suppose) It is used in the original logo and this guy looks like he had his face smushed in. If you changed the profile on the senator, I think it would add to the authenticity of the logo.

GO CANUCKS GO

GO CANUCKS GO

GO CANUCKS GO

GO CANUCKS GO

GO CANUCKS GO

VANCOUVER 2010

VANCOUVER 2010

VANCOUVER 2010

VANCOUVER 2010

VANCOUVER 2010

absolutely love the alternate jersey! it is quite amazing. The colour schemes on the home/away are good and the secondary logo you kept is just fine. My problem is the spiked hair look in the helmet and the way the eye flows just seems a little too much street punk to me then NHL team. Great design though. The alternate i would adopt right away, it is quite amazing.

based off ghettofarmboys designs. and the rumours that both logos will still e used. I cam up with these color patterns...

THe white being that the black arms are classic sens jersey flair..

And the home eing that snce scotiabank took over I think they will play up the Be Red thing for a while to come and would like homes to still remain red...

sens21.jpg

The jersey colour designs you have are just amazing. Again with ghettofarmboys design of the logo i just find a little too street punkish. If you take the normal 2D or 3D logo and put it on the away jersey i think it would look really good. Have those with ghettofarmboys alternate and you'd have a mighty find jersey set. I really enjoy the black on the arms as a link to the past jerseys.

• 2 months later...

The red jersey posted by ghettofarmboy is stunning.

I love that you used the completely striped jersey as a tribute to the original senators but managed to tone it down with the two different red stripes. I don't know if I would use the 'S' logo on that sweater but the sweater template is quite possibly the most beautiful concept I have seen yet. The Senators need to be informed of this and you should give them a shout .. if that is even possible.

anyway, it didn't work for the sabres so i doubt it will work this time either .. i look forward to the entire series.

I love that you used the completely striped jersey as a tribute to the original senators but managed to tone it down with the two different red stripes. I don't know if I would use the 'S' logo on that sweater but the sweater template is quite possibly the most beautiful concept I have seen yet. The Senators need to be informed of this and you should give them a shout .. if that is even possible.

anyway, it didn't work for the sabres so i doubt it will work this time either .. i look forward to the entire series.

Just a lesson for a better stay here, don't bring up three month old posts.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

I think this is an exception to the rule, brother, because it's not a real dated post (as in: it's not concerning news from two years ago, or something along those lines).

And in all honesty, it is a very nice concept. So if he's a newbie, and wants to comment on the design of a concept, that is fine.

If he starts doing a patsox and brings up a "New England will win Super Bowl XXXVI" post, then we can flame the poor guy...

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

I was sort of hoping that this would get bumped up...

I did this concept before the Sens debuted their new logo set. Now in hindsight, I see where I messed up. (It was my first logo that was of an actual person, so I really struggled through it) Maybe at the end of the series I will come back and try to fix it up.... Just keep that in mind when you critique it!

A little update, the Sharks is 90% done. Expect it real soon....

Also, the following team will be the Capitals, and I must say, I like the logo set ALOT... (maybe the best yet... *gasp!*)

lol.... just be patient with me!

GFB

I was sort of hoping that this would get bumped up...

I did this concept before the Sens debuted their new logo set. Now in hindsight, I see where I messed up. (It was my first logo that was of an actual person, so I really struggled through it) Maybe at the end of the series I will come back and try to fix it up.... Just keep that in mind when you critic it!

A little update, the Sharks is 90% done. Expect it real soon....

Also, the following team will be the Capitals, and I must say, I like the logoset ALOT... (maybe the best yet... *gasp!*)

lol.... just be patient with me!

GFB

I'm willing to be patient for high quality work. Given what you've shown us so far, I'm willing to wait a few years (though I really hope I don't have to).

I think this is an exception to the rule, brother, because it's not a real dated post (as in: it's not concerning news from two years ago, or something along those lines).

And in all honesty, it is a very nice concept. So if he's a newbie, and wants to comment on the design of a concept, that is fine.

If he starts doing a patsox and brings up a "New England will win Super Bowl XXXVI" post, then we can flame the poor guy...

Thanks for not jumping all over me for some arbitrary reason.

I came to this board specifically for ghettofarmboy's work as I had been shown an example by a friend of mine and he led me here.

Plus I figured another hockey based logo thread on the main page wouldn't be such a bad thing given the over saturation of basketball and football threads.

And look, ghettofarmboy is pleased. serendipity is on my side.

Archived