New name and logo for Nationwide Conference

lost_limey

Okay, as many of you know, I'm a big fan of Oxford United, and English soccer team that plays in the very lower levels of the soccer pyramid.

To explain, below the Barclays EPL, which most of you are familiar with, there are these levels:

Coca-Cola Football League Championship

Coca-Cola Football League 1

Coca-Cola Football League 2

Then we hit the non-league level with what was known in the 2006/07 season as the Nationwide Conference, which had this logo

nationwide.png

But for the 2007/08 Season, it's being renamed and responsored to be the Blue Square premier and will have this god-awful logo

bluesq.png

Eh, lots of non-Football League leagues use "Premier" as their top division. For example, the Isthmian Premier (aka the Ryman Premier).

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

Wow, that is a bad logo.

ps I'm a bit of an OUFC hater, being a Wycombe supporter....:P

You have a user name like nateOXFORD and you're a friggin' Wanderers supporter. Ah, well, at least we can both agree that Swindon Town suck huge amaounts of foetid donkey balls.

Wow, that is a bad logo.

You have a user name like nateOXFORD and you're a friggin' Wanderers supporter. Ah, well, at least we can both agree that Swindon Town suck huge amaounts of foetid donkey balls.

Agreed! Wish we could send our esteemed gaffer back to Swindon

Wow, that is a bad logo.

Oxford: good city, crap team

'Premier'? Isn't that kind of taken already?

Not to mention that "premier" means "First in status or importance" and this league, by my count (and I could be wrong you know) ranks FIFTH in importance. :wacko:

PREM1ER my ass. :cursing:

HansonsSig.jpg

Click here to read Third String Goalie - The Hockey Jersey of the Day Blog

Click here to see my hockey and baseball jersey collection online

?You don?t like to see 20 kids punching 20 other kids. But it?s not a disgrace, It?s hockey.? - Michael Farber

Archived