Eagles concept logo

Phil

paynomind, Nick, and Winters, thanks for your comments. We're mostly all amateurs here, nobody has much authority anyway.

I made a couple adjusments, then decided to try a little harder for some perspective... this is the result:

Eastview%20Eagles%20Logo%203.gif

Round 3

Lurking is for shadows! Carp a dime!

Suggestions, questions, comments, and criticismicismisms are all welcome!

WINnipegSigBanner.gif

no... don't die on me, little thread... it's not your time...

"CLEAR.... rub-rub-rub... kaBUMP"

[heart monitor] 'beep... beep... beep...' [/heart monitor]

oh thank goodness...

...and we're back... any comments?

WINnipegSigBanner.gif

I think this is the right move if you must keep the stomach open.

Nice job Sy

One thing. Maybe play with the weight of the navy blue, i see a thicker weight behind the head and to the wing being a nice, but undistracting addition.

Sy, it looks great.

I will say, on an overall, paletary view.... if you look at this concept alongside others that yuo and I have both commented on. I see one thng in common: It needs thicker lines.

This is a common theme in logos all around, and I think... even though you and I have both made this suggestion for MANY a concept, yours could benefit from it as well.

Overall, I really like where you are goign with this. I think it needs another review before it is 100% ...but you are very close!

Well done.

NCFA Sunset Beach Tech - Octopi

ΓΔΒ!

Going to college gets you closer to the real world, kind of like climbing a tree gets you closer to the moon.

"...a nice illustration of what you get when skill, talent, and precedent are deducted from 'creativity.' " - James Howard Kunstler

• 11 months later...

Almost a full year later, I've revisited this concept. Since then, I had modified it into a Winnipeg Eagles concept (see that thread here), but I was never happy with it.

I decided to simplify. Not quite as simple as the Eagles, but nowhere near as complex as the last version in this thread. Without further ado... version 4.

Eastview%20Eagles%20Logo%204.gif

You'll notice I changed the colour scheme. This is the colour scheme I've implemented at the church, playing off the colours featured on our building.

While I'm fairly happy with this result, I'm struggling with how to put this on a non-white background. I could go the colour replacement route (where, like the Toronto Maple Leafs or Calgary Flames, the colours of the logo change depending on the background) or I could go with a white outline.

However if I go with outlines (which would be the more efficient way of going about it... one logo for all applications as opposed to a different logo for every application), with the rather abstract wings I'd be forced to add more feathers to the wings (because it wouldn't look right with just the leading lines I've got here outlined). I'm still working on it, but let me know... all C&C welcome.

WINnipegSigBanner.gif

syphi - i really like the evolution of this concept - maybe you could use the tannish color as an outline, allowing you to put it on any color background?

i understand why you changed the colors, but the blues really worked for me

jldesigns404eo.png

One more update...

Eastview%20Eagles%20Logo%205.gif

A bit busier than I wanted, so I added some white space to the wings to make them lighter.

I liked the simplicity of the last one a little more, but this one is certainly more practical, and the wings turned out better than I expected.

WINnipegSigBanner.gif

I like this a lot too.

How about adding some stripes to mimic the angle of the E and S to close it out a little. I'm a really bad artist but maybe something like this.

eagles.png

Or you can make it like Boston College's logo/wordmark.

logo_thumbnail.gif

buffalo_sig.png

Great work, Sy. Nothing less than usual, however. Could i throw out this simple question? You can shoot it down as fast as I typed it if youd like, but...is there a way you could incoporporate the red into the eagle somehow, even if subtley (ie, the eye or the highlight on said eye). Just a question, not a critique, I like it regardless.

~UJ

It looks as thought the eagle is pointing somewhere.

Hey, maybe he's "calling his shot."

In all seriousness though, I think the 2nd version looks much better. The modification of the wing gives the eagle more fluidity and movement.

Archived