Changing A to a C

andysoccer12

Who needs to change it? With the new sweaters, it wouldn't be accurate anyway.

You can remain the proud owner of a Gagne throwback sweater. :P

Well they wont be having 3rd next year right? But I thought it was coming back the year after. And by any chance, do you know how much an authentic new jersey would cost?

andysoccer12a.png

And by any chance, do you know how much an authentic new jersey would cost?

If this year's All-Star jerseys are any indication, you're looking at upward of $400.

Some sites have been advertising the upcoming cheap-as-hell replicas (single layer screenprinted tackle-twill crests, no shoulder logos, team color only) for $109. That's about a 20 percent price hike for a sharp decrease in quality.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Well they wont be having 3rd next year right? But I thought it was coming back the year after. And by any chance, do you know how much an authentic new jersey would cost?

They wont be havin thirds for a few years AT LEAST, and when they do re-introduce them, they will most likely not resemble anything close to the ones which exist now. You'd be much better off just buying a new jersey instead of ruining your existing one and making it look incorrect. It is like people trying to find a current Penguins jersey and wanting to put a C on it... it would be so, so incorrect...

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

This is very true. Next year's jersey will not look the same, and therefore, your current jersey with the "C" will not represent anything that ever actually existed. Kind of like getting a Donovan McNabb jersey from the Cunningham era, though less obvious.

Therefore, in your shoes, I would not put a C on the jersey, as I am quite rigid about such things.

However, I can play devil's advocate on this one. Very few people will ever recognize this inaccuracy. In fact if anyone ever did, they'd probably be a member of this board. If, after hearing what the people in this thread are saying, you still want to do it, you may as well if it is your preference. Again, I would not and neither would most on this board, but if you want to...

Ironically, more people would "catch" you having the "A" next year and tell you you are wrong than would ever catch the error of having a "C" on the 06-07 jersey.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

It's not the easiest thing in the world to keep your sports jerseys "current". How'd you feel if you went through all the trouble to get him promoted on your sweater and two months later, someone else is captain again?

Archived