Stadium name change

pagan696

You know cooperate sponsor stadiums are a fact of life now, but what I ahte is when they change all the time.

Philly as teh FU Center actually worked, but now the Wachovia Center blah.

Then you have Edmonton Northlands, Edmoton Arena, Skreach Cneter, and now Rexall Place its dizzying, an arena gets a name you get used to then it changes and you are left dazed and confused.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

There's already of BofA Arena in Washington state, and a BofA Centre in Boise, Idaho. Calling the Boston Arena the BofA Center would be somewhat confusing.

Aren't there 2 Compaq Centers in the US in Houston and San Jose (at least before it was the HP Pavilion or something like that).

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

I miss the days before corporate sponsering, when the stadium would have a 'real' name. Ericsson sounds ok (assuming thats the Ericsson Telecommunications company, and they leave Telecom out of the name)

Some names sound good, like the Molson Center (Montreal and Barrie, yes, i know that it's the Bell Center now) dispite the fact you know its corporate...

I miss the days before corporate sponsering, when the stadium would have a 'real' name. Ericsson sounds ok (assuming thats the Ericsson Telecommunications company, and they leave Telecom out of the name)

Some names sound good, like the Molson Center (Montreal and Barrie, yes, i know that it's the Bell Center now) dispite the fact you know its corporate...

Yeah I think the Reds new stadium, the Great American Ballpark is just a great name, corporate tie in or not! It particularly annoys me when old stadiums use corporate times. (Qualcomm  park for instance) Much better to try and work the sponsor into the original name IMO, like calling Qualcomm Candlestick Park or whatever. (That was just as a for instance so if I have stadium names a bit confused I apologise)

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

American Airlines has it's name in arenas in Miami and Dallas. Can't think of a good reason why they need to do that. I really do think the Great American Ballpark is the best corporate stadium name. I did not realise it was a corporate name until the stadium opened. There's the rub. It's so well disguised noone outside of Cincinnati really knows the corporate tie-in. How much more business did this company get by placing it's name on the stadium?

I saw, I came, I left.

Kroger Should have paid for the Stadium in Cinny, they could have  called it  "THE SUPERMARKET at KROGER FIELD".  or " THE SUPERSTORE

At lease we was there, where was St. Louis, Dallas, Philly, Kansas City, Green Bay, Tenn, Seahawks, Denver, Indy, and the Ravenspantherplayoff.jpg

Archived