2012 Olympic Logo

SG30

Well, here it goes. Math got boring today.

The first one...I guess that landmarks aren't allowed, but one can dream. Here's what I came up with. Its a very stylized Big Ben. As for the second one, its pretty generic. But I figured anything is better than what they have. I tried to incorporate the Olympic rings, but they just ended up being randomly placed somewhere in the sketch.

scan0001kv3.jpg

Quick update:

I cleaned them up a little. I'm not too good at vectorizing anything, so if anyone would like to try their hand at the Big Ben logo, feel free. For the 2nd one I just picked a font and put it together.

london2012pm5.png

The second one looks pretty good to me. But I have some ideas for the first one.

Also the 'L' in London looks a little too bold, thin that down a bit, also maybe use a font for the 2012 instead of drawind it in. I may play around with what you have and see what I can come up with.

I love the idea, I think it may just need some fixin'.

I threw this together real quick. What do ya think? :therock:

London2012.png

The second one looks pretty good to me. But I have some ideas for the first one.

Also the 'L' in London looks a little too bold, thin that down a bit, also maybe use a font for the 2012 instead of drawind it in. I may play around with what you have and see what I can come up with.

I love the idea, I think it may just need some fixin'.

I threw this together real quick. What do ya think? :therock:

London2012.png

That's awesome. Its exactly how I pictured it and the olympic rings fit in really nice there.

• 11 months later...

Does anyone know what the Paralympics logo looks like?

On a side note, had it came to NYC, I would have really liked their Candidate logo as their actual logo:

7003.gif

Also on another note, I just found out that the 2014 olympics will be in Sochi, Russia.

ogopr90c4s7q4ez68ga7vhbyh.gifv7xqqsng0c3badvnm9i4e3oca.gif8sg7h2ns8fixo1yqzakt0uvwb.gif

On a side note, had it came to NYC, I would have really liked their Candidate logo as their actual logo:

7003.gif

Also on another note, I just found out that the 2014 olympics will be in Sochi, Russia.

Yeah and in my mind one of the best olympic logos

200px-Sochi_2014_Olympics_logo.svg.png

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

7003.gif

Yeah and in my mind one of the best olympic logos

200px-Sochi_2014_Olympics_logo.svg.png

Thats just their logo for the bid to host it though. I hope the keep it! I really like it aswell. I think London could have done a lot better too. Their logo looks like that logo is for the PC World Nerd Games or something...

ogopr90c4s7q4ez68ga7vhbyh.gifv7xqqsng0c3badvnm9i4e3oca.gif8sg7h2ns8fixo1yqzakt0uvwb.gif

Archived